Sing Tao Daily (Canada)
|Owner(s)||Sing Tao Group of Hong Kong, Toronto Star|
|Headquarters||221 Whitehall Drive, Markham, Ontario
|Official website||Sing Tao Canada (Chinese)|
|Sing Tao Daily (Canada)|
The Sing Tao Daily (Chinese: 星島日報; pinyin: Xīngdǎo Rìbào), or Sing Tao (Chinese: 星島; pinyin: Xīngdǎo) for short, is one of a few Chinese language newspapers in Canada. Based in Toronto, Ontario, it is owned by the Sing Tao Group of Hong Kong and the Toronto Star. In Toronto, the Sing Tao Daily publishes its Canada Eastern Edition (加東版 Pinyin: Jiā Dōng Bǎn).
The paper, the only Chinese language newspaper located in 3 different Canadian cities, is published 7 days a week in the broadsheet format. News coverage includes national, provincial, and local news, international news, Hong Kong news, news from other parts of China (both Mainland China and Taiwan), plus business, sports, lifestyle, entertainment, etc.
The Sing Tao publishes several weekly magazines. Unlike the situation in Hong Kong where the magazines are sold as separate publications, these are more properly called supplements that come free with the paper. The pages inside the magazines are also printed on newsprint instead of glossy paper.
The free magazines that come with the Canada Eastern edition are:
- Friday — Home Choice Magazine (雅居 Pinyin: yǎ jū), a tabloid-sized home living/buying magazine with about 1/4 editorial content (original editorial content plus a small but noticeable number of advertorials)
- Saturday — the Sing Tao Weekly (星島週刊 Pinyin: xīng dǎo zhōu kān), an entertainment-and-lifestyle magazine with mostly local content
- Sunday — the Star Magazine (星週刊 Pinyin: xīng zhōu kān), a tabloid-sized entertainment-and-news magazine with mostly Hong Kong content
From time to time, special supplements are also published.
- Sing Tao — some additional information available in “History” section
- Sing Tao Group (Chinese)
- Sing Tao Canada (Chinese)
- Source: Pinyin translated with CozyChinese.COM