Singer Island is located on the Atlantic coast of Palm Beach County, Florida in the South Florida metropolitan area. Most of it is in the city of Riviera Beach, but the town of Palm Beach Shores occupies its southern tip. Its latitude of is 26.784 N and its longitude is -80.037 W. The easternmost point of Florida is located there in Palm Beach Shores. Singer Island is actually a peninsula and not an island. Before the Palm Beach Inlet was created, it was connected to the island of Palm Beach to the south.
Named after Palm Beach developer Paris Singer, a son of Isaac Singer, the Singer Sewing Machine magnate, Singer Island has parks, marinas, hiking and bike paths, as well as 4.7 miles (7.6 km) of sparkling white sand beaches that has been considered one of the top five beaches in Palm Beach County.
In addition, Singer Island is located 3 miles (4.8 km) from North Palm Beach, 5.4 miles (8.7 km) from West Palm Beach, 5.4 miles (8.7 km) from Palm Beach Gardens, 6.2 miles (10.0 km) from Juno Beach, and 10.6 miles (17.1 km) from Jupiter.
It is said that Singer Island was originally purchased by Paris Singer as a gift for his mistress, who reportedly did not like it. Today it is a picturesque, upscale and pristine living place for thousands of condo owners. The tallest of these is the 42-story "Tiara", which was severely damaged by several hurricanes since 2004 and was still closed for repairs three years later. Residents moved back into the building in 2008.
- "Singer Island History". Singer Island Civic Association. Archived from the original (MICROSOFT WORD) on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Doris, Tony (29 September 2004). "High-rise damage altering old views". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Musgrave, Jane (27 July 2008). "Tiara residents eager to return to restored condo on Singer Island". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Visit Florida page for Singer Island
- [Singer Island Civic Association Website - links, news and island resources]
- [Singer Island Pulse - area community website & daily news]