Sini Anderson (born November 6, 1969) is an American film director, producer, performance artist and poet. She is originally from Chicago, Illinois, has lived in San Francisco, California and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Anderson was the co-founder and co-artistic director of the Sister Spit a weekly open mic series in San Francisco from 1994–1997 and Sister Spits Ramblin Road Show a spoken word tour from 1997-2000 she performs on I Spit on Your Country (1997), Sister Spit’s Ramblin Road Show (1999), Greatest Spits!: A Spoken Word Compilation (2001) and Tribe Spit Deep (2002). Her work is also found in The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry (ThunderMouth Press) and Word Warriors: 35 Women Leaders in the Spoken Word Revolution (Seal Press). 
Anderson spent much of her career in San Francisco’s queer community as Chief Curator/Artistic Director for The National Queer Arts Festival, a co-producer for the Nectar Stage at San Francisco’s Pride, president of the board of directors for the Harvey Milk Institute, and co-chair of the board of directors for The Queer Cultural Center. 
Anderson also works in independent film and her credits include first assistant director on Miggy n Lil (2006), Bare Knuckle (2007), Karma Calling (2009).  She recently directed the book trailer for the memoir Whip Smart by Melissa Febos, which won Best Short Documentary at the Fetisch Film Festival 2010. From July 2010 to early 2013 she directed and wrote a documentary about riot grrrl musician Kathleen Hanna. The film, The Punk Singer, premiered in March 2013 at SXSW to positive reviews.
In May 2014, BuzzFeed reported that some of the Kickstarter backers of The Punk Singer did not get the items they paid for, including signed posters, sneak previews and tickets to a private screening. Anderson said that since the documentary was now owned by IFC Films, she was unable to provide sneak previews or private screenings.
- ^ National Queer Arts Festival 2001 lineup on www.queerculturalcenter.org
- ^ The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry on www.amazon.com
- ^ Olson, Alix, ed. (2007). Word Warriors: 35 Women Leaders in the Spoken Word Revolution. Emeryville, CA: Seal Press. ISBN 9781580052214.
- ^ Sini Anderson - the louderARTS Project
- ^ Sini Anderson at the Internet Movie Database
- ^ Whip Smart on www.melissafebos.com
- ^ GEWINNER FETISCH FILM FESTIVAL 2010 @ Traum Gmbh on subkulturell.de
- ^ Fetisch Film Festival 2010
- ^ Filmmaker Sini Anderson Announces Kathleen Hanna Documentary – Brooklyn The Borough
- ^ Valby, Karen (March 12, 2013). "Bikini Kill's Kathleen Hanna reveals illness, reconfirms awesomeness in 'The Punk Singer'". Entertainment Weekly.
- ^ "Kathleen Hanna Doc Kickstarter Backers Haven’t Gotten Their Rewards"