Sinner (Drowning Pool album)
|Studio album by Drowning Pool|
|Released||June 5, 2001|
|Genre||Nu metal, alternative metal|
|Drowning Pool chronology|
|Singles from Sinner|
Sinner is the debut studio album by metal band Drowning Pool. The album is considered the band's most successful, reaching platinum only six weeks after its release. This was due at least in part to "Bodies" which remains the band's most well-known song. This is the only studio album by the band to feature original lead singer Dave Williams. While touring in support of Sinner, he died on August 14, 2002 from cardiomyopathy. The album debuted at #14 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album was initially released with a Parental Advisory sticker, but a clean version of the album without the sticker was later released.
All songs written and composed by Drowning Pool.
|4.||"All Over Me"||3:13|
|10.||"Told You So"||3:05|
|2001||US Billboard 200||14|
|UK Album Charts||70|
|New Zealand Album Charts||18|
|2001||"Bodies"||US Billboard Hot 100||119|
|US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||6|
|US Hot Modern Rock Tracks||12|
|2002||"Sinner"||US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||28|
|US Hot Modern Rock Tracks||36|
|"Tear Away"||US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||18|
|US Hot Modern Rock Tracks||37|
- Drowning Pool
- Produced and Mixed by Jay Baumgardner
- Engineered by James Murray
- Assistant Engineer: J.D. Andrew
- Recorded at Ocean Studios, Burbank, CA
- Mixed at NRG, North Hollywood, CA
- Mastered by Tom Baker at Precision Mastering, Hollywood, CA
- A&R: Diana Meltzer & Victor Murgatroyd
- Guitar Tech: Stig
- Drum Tech: Ross @ Drum Doctors
- Management: Paul Bassman for Bassmanagement
- Legal: Nicholas C. Ferrara, Esq. for Serling, Rooks & Ferrara, LLP
- Business Management: Michael Hagerty for Curo Financial Management, LLC
- Booking: Andrew Goodfriend and Dave Kirby for The Agency Group, Ltd
- Artwork: Ed Sherman
- Photography: Glen DiCrocco
- Band Photo: Chapman Baehler
- "Bodies" was used as the theme song for Extreme Championship Wrestling in 2001, as well as its 2006 re-incarnation, and WWF SummerSlam (2001)
- "Tear Away" was one of the official theme songs of WWF WrestleMania X8
- "Sinner" was the theme song of WWF Vengeance in 2001.
- "Reminded," "Mute," and "Told You So" all appear in the Funimation dub of Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
- Morris, Kurt. "Sinner - Drowning Pool | AllMusic". Allmusic. Retrieved July 26, 2011.
- Sinclair, Tom (July 27, 2001). "Drowning Pool: Sinner Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 24, 2012.
- Q: 106. February 2002. "4 stars out of 5 - "...The point where old and nu-metal meet. The impeccable riffs and uncompromising rhythms are perfectly balanced by Dave William's fashionably angst-full lyrics..."
- Abowitz, Richard (June 25, 2001). "Drowning Pool: Sinner : Music Reviews". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on February 26, 2007. Retrieved June 24, 2012.