The Sino-Soviet conflict of 1929 (1929年 中東路事件) was a minor armed conflict between the Soviet Union and Chinese warlord Zhang Xueliang of the Republic of China over the Manchurian Chinese Eastern Railway.
When the Chinese seized the Manchurian Chinese Eastern Railway in 1929, swift Soviet military intervention quickly put an end to the crisis and forced the Chinese to accept restoration of joint Soviet-Chinese administration of the railway.
See also 
- Felix Patrikeeff, Russian Politics in Exile: The Northeast Asian Balance of Power, 1924-1931 Basingstoke 2002, ISBN 0-333-73018-6
- George Alexander Lensen, The Damned Inheritance. The Soviet Union and the Manchurian Crises. 1924-1935, Ann Arbor 1974
External links 
Time magazine coverage 
- From Jul. 22, 1929 Time Magazine, C. E. R. Seized
- From Jul. 29, 1929 Time Magazine, Growling & Hissing
- From Aug. 5, 1929 Time Magazine, Imposing Peace
- From Aug. 26, 1929 Time Magazine, Growing Graver
- From Sep. 2, 1929 Time Magazine , Blucher v. Chiang
- From Sep. 9, 1929 Time Magazine, Peace
- From the Dec. 2, 1929 TIME magazine, Manchuria in the Vise
- From the Dec. 9, 1929 TIME magazine Not One Square Inch!"
- From the Dec. 16, 1929 TIME magazine, 400 Million Humiliations