Sioux City Bandits
|Sioux City Bandits|
|Team history||Sioux City Attack (2000)
Sioux City Bandits (2001–present)
|Based in||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Arena||Tyson Events Center|
|Colors||Black, Red, Silver, & White
|Head coach||Erv Strohbeen|
|Championships||2: (APFL: 2011, 2012)|
|Division titles||1: (UIF: 2005)|
|Playoff berths||9: (2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)|
|Mascot||Billy the Bandit|
The Sioux City Bandits are a professional indoor football team and a charter member of the Champions Indoor Football. Based in Sioux City, Iowa, the Bandits play their home games at the Tyson Events Center.
The Sioux City Bandits organization has seen seven different leagues as the Bandits having played in the original Indoor Football League as the Sioux City Attack, the National Indoor Football League, the United Indoor Football Association, the new Indoor Football League, American Professional Football League, and the Champions Indoor Football League, and now the Champions Indoor Football League
Notable team feats include the signing of former Sioux City running back Fred Jackson. Jackson was later signed by the Buffalo Bills of the NFL. Upon returning for NFL training camp, Jackson was selected to be just one of 8 on the teams practice squad. Jackson is currently listed on the Buffalo Bills 53 man roster. Jackson, out of Coe College, was the 2004 - 2005 United Indoor Football's (UIF) league leading rusher in which he set an Indoor Football record for most yards in a single season with more than 1,700. That year the Bandits went into the championship game facing division rival Sioux Falls. Sioux City had beaten Sioux Falls 3 times during the regular season, but ended up losing the championship game.
- April 1, 2000 Sioux City (then known as the Attack) played their first game in franchise history, a 40-27 loss to the Lincoln Lightning.
- April 8, 2000 Sioux City earns their first win in franchise history. The final score was a 47-31 win against the Sioux Falls Cobras.
- April 21, 2000 Sioux City plays their first home game in franchise history. The final score resulted in a 59-27 victory over the Wichita Warlords.
- March 19, 2005 This was Fred Jackson's debut game. He had fifteen runs for fifty-four yards on three touchdowns, averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Sioux City was victorious in a 57-29 romp over the Black Hills Red Dogs.
- August 14, 2005 This date marks Sioux City's first championship game. They played their arch rival, Sioux Falls Storm in which they lost a thrilling heartbreaker 40-38. The Storm made a last second field goal.
- May 29, 2011 Sioux City defeats the Kansas City Matadors, 112-0. This was the first time in franchise history in which they did not allow any points. It was also the first time the franchise scored over 100 points. It is still their highest score to date.
- July 9, 2011 Sioux City defeats the Iowa Blackhawks, for their first championship. The final score was 69-28.
- July 15, 2012 Sioux City wins their second championship in a row, beating the Council Bluffs Express, 56-34. The Blackhawks had renamed themselves the Express over the 2011-12 off-season.
- March 22, 2013 Sioux City wins their 30th straight game. The milestone occurred over a 38-26 victory in a contest against the Kansas City Renegades.
- June 21, 2014 Sioux City plays in their fourth franchise championship game overall against the Wichita Wild in the CPIFL's Champions Bowl II. They lost 46-41.
Sioux City Bandits Roster
Refuse to Report
Roster updated March 31, 2015
|Sioux City Attack (Indoor Football League)|
|2000||9||5||0||3rd WC Southern||Won Round 1 (Lincoln)
Lost Quarterfinal (Bismarck)
|Sioux City Bandits (NIFL)|
|2001||4||10||0||6th Pacific Central||--|
|2002||9||5||0||3rd Pacific Northern||--|
|2003||6||8||0||3rd Pacific Northern||--|
|2004||8||6||0||3rd Pacific North||Lost Round 1 (Omaha)|
|Sioux City Bandits (UIF)|
|2005||13||2||0||2nd League||Won Round 1 (Ohio Valley)
Won Semifinal (Tennessee Valley)
Lost United Bowl I (Sioux Falls)
|2006||6||9||0||3rd West||Lost Round 1 (Rock River)|
|2008||4||10||0||3rd East||Lost Round 1 (River City)|
|Sioux City Bandits (IFL)|
|2009||6||9||0||5th United Central||--|
|2010||4||10||0||4th Central West||--|
|Sioux City Bandits (APFL)|
|2011||12||0||0||1st League||Won Semifinal (Kansas)
Won APFL Championship (Iowa)
|2012||12||0||0||1st League||Won Semifinal (Mid-Missouri)
Won APFL Championship (Council Bluffs)
|Sioux City Bandits (CPIFL)|
|2013||10||2||0||3rd League||Lost Semi-Finals (Salina)|
|2014||9||3||0||2nd League||Won Semi-Finals (Salina)
Lost Champions Bowl II (Wichita)
|Sioux City Bandits (CIF)|
|Totals (including playoffs)||127||101||0||*=Current Standing|