Sioux Lookout Airport
|Sioux Lookout Airport|
|IATA: YXL – ICAO: CYXL
– WMO: 71842
|Operator||Municipality of Sioux Lookout|
|Location||Sioux Lookout, Ontario|
|Time zone||CST (UTC−06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC−05:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||1,257 ft / 383 m|
Sioux Lookout Airport, (IATA: YXL, ICAO: CYXL), is a regional airport based in Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Canada. The airport opened in 1933. It was, at the time, the second busiest airport in North America next to Chicago Midway International Airport. Today, the airport is a "mini-hub" facilitating travel to and from many northern communities in Northwestern Ontario.
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. CBSA officers at this airport currently can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.
Airlines and destinations
|Bearskin Airlines||Dryden, Kenora, Red Lake, Thunder Bay, Winnipeg|
|Wasaya Airways||Red Lake, Thunder Bay|
- Ornge Air operating Pilatus PC-12 aircraft in Medevac configuration.
- SkyCare Air Ambulance operating Medevac and charter operations.
- Wasaya Airways maintenance facility.
- Bearskin Airlines maintenance facility.
- Northern Airborne Maintenance operating a maintenance facility for all types of vintage and modern aircraft.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 24 July 2014 to 0901Z 18 September 2014
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport official site
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Sioux Lookout Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|