Sir John Barker, 4th Baronet
He was the second son of Sir John Barker, 2nd Baronet and Winifred Parker, daughter of Sir Philip Parker. In 1665, he succeeded his older brother Jermy as baronet. Barker was educated at Merton College, Oxford. In 1680, he entered the British House of Commons and sat as Member of Parliament (MP) for Ipswich until his death in 1696.
- "Leigh Rayment - Baronetage". Retrieved 8 May 2009.
- Burke, John (1841). John Bernhard Burke, ed. A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland and Scotland (2nd ed.). London: Scott, Webster, and Geary. p. 36.
- "ThePeerage - Sir John Barker, 4th Bt". Retrieved 19 February 2007.
- "Leigh Rayment - British House of Commons, Ipswich". Retrieved 8 May 2009.
- Eveline Cruickshanks, Stuart Handley and D. W. Hayton, ed. (2002). The House of Commons, 1690-1715 III. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 136.
|Parliament of England|
|Member of Parliament for Ipswich
With: John Wright 1680–1685
Sir Nicholas Bacon 1685–1689
Peyton Ventris 1689
Sir Charles Blois 1689–1695
Charles Whitaker 1695–1696
|Baronetage of England|
(of Grimston Hall)
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|