Sir John Barrington, 9th Baronet
Born at Red Lion Street in London and baptised at St Andrew, Holborn, he was the first son of Sir Fitzwilliam Barrington, 8th Baronet and his wife Jane Hall, daughter of Matthew Hall. He was educated at Eton College until 1770 and then at Trinity Hall, Cambridge. In 1792, he succeeded his father as baronet.
Barrington entered the British House of Commons in 1780, sitting as a Member of Parliament (MP) for Newtown, the same constituency his uncle John had before represented, until 1796. He died aged 66 at his seat Barrington Hall, Essex, unmarried, and was buried at St Mary the Virgin, Hatfield Broadoak. He was succeeded in the baronetcy by his younger brother Fitzwilliam.
- "Leigh Rayment - Baronetage". Retrieved 17 October 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Sir John Barrington, 9th Bt". Retrieved 4 January 2009.
- Thorne, R. G. (1986). The House of Commons, 1790-1820. vol. I. London: Secker & Warburg. pp. 146–147. ISBN 0-436-52101-6.
- "Barrington, John (BRNN771J)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Sir Lewis Namier & John Brooke, ed. (1985). The House of Commons, 1754-1790. vol. II. Cambridge: Secker & Warburg. pp. 54–55.
- "Leigh Rayment - British House of Commons, Newtown". Retrieved 17 October 2009.
- Sylvanus, Urban (1818). The Gentleman's Magazine. part II. London: Nichols, Son and Bentley. p. 188.
- Debrett, John (1824). Debrett's Baronetage of England. vol. I (5th ed.). London: G. Woodfall. p. 18.
|Parliament of Great Britain|
Edward Meux Worsley
|Member of Parliament for Newtown
1780 – 1796
With: Edward Meux Worsley 1780–1782
Henry Dundas 1782–1783
Richard Pepper Arden 1783–1784
James Worsley 1784
Mark Gregory 1784–1790
Sir Richard Worsley 1790–1793
George Canning 1793–1796
Sir Richard Worsley
Charles Shaw Lefevre
|Baronetage of England|
(of Barrington Hall)
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of Great Britain (1707–1800) representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|