Sir John Borlase, 2nd Baronet
Born in Bockmer in Buckinghamshire, he was the son of Sir John Borlase, 1st Baronet and Alice Bancks, daughter of Sir John Bancks, Lord Chief Justice of the Court of Common Pleas. His nephew was Borlase Warren. Borlase was educated at Oriel College, Oxford, where he matriculated in 1658. In 1672, he succeeded his father as baronet. A year later, Borlase entered the English House of Commons as Member of Parliament (MP) for Wycombe, representing the constituency until 1681. From 1685 until his death in 1689, he was also returned for Great Marlow.
- "Leigh Rayment - Baronetage". Retrieved 13 June 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Sir John Borlase, 2nd Bt". Retrieved 3 March 2007.
- Eveline Cruickshanks, Stuart Handley and D. W. Hayton, ed. (2002). The House of Commons, 1690-1715. vol. V. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Burke, John (1841). John Bernhard Burke, ed. A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland and Scotland (2nd ed.). London: Scott, Webster, and Geary. p. 75.
- "Leigh Rayment - British House of Commons, Wycombe". Retrieved 13 June 2009.
- "Leigh Rayment - British House of Commons, Great Marlow". Retrieved 13 June 2009.
- Courthope, William (1835). Synopsis of the Extinct Baronetage of England. London: G. Woodfall. p. 27.
|Parliament of England|
Sir John Borlase, Bt
Sir Edmund Pye, Bt
|Member of Parliament for Wycombe
With: Sir Edmund Pye, Bt 1673
Robert Sawyer 1673–1679
Thomas Lewes 1679–1681
Sir Dennis Hampson, Bt
|Member of Parliament for Great Marlow
With: Sir Humphrey Winch 1685–1689
The Viscount Falkland 1689
The Viscount Falkland
|Baronetage of England|
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|