Sir Nigel Rudd FCA DL (born 31st December 1946 in Derby, England), is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants. In 1982, he founded Williams Holdings, a company which went on to become one of the largest industrial holding companies in the United Kingdom until its demerger in November 2000, creating Chubb plc and Kidde plc. He became the non-executive Chairman of Kidde plc until December 2003.
Educated at Bemrose Grammar School, Derby, Rudd has been in positions of prominence at several corporations, including serving as Chairman of BAA Limited, The Boots Company, Pilkington PLC and Pendragon PLC, and Deputy Chairman of Barclays PLC until January 2009.  He also holds a number of other public appointments including Chairman of the CBI Boardroom Issues Group and a member of the Financial Reporting Council.
Sir Nigel Rudd was born in Derby on 31st December 1946. His father worked for the civil service as a Weights and Measures Inspector. Rudd married his wife Lesley in 1969. The couple have three children. He is a keen golfer and supporter of Derby County Football Club.
Awards and Honours
In 1996, Rudd was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for services to the manufacturing industry. He holds honorary degrees at multiple tertiary institutions, namely Loughborough and Derby Universities. In 1995, he was awarded the Founding Societies Centenary Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. He is a Deputy Lieutenant of Derbyshire and a Freeman of the City of London.
He is currently the chairman of Invensys.
- "Sir Nigel Rudd". Debrett's. Retrieved 31 Dec 2013.
- Sir Nigel Rudd profile at managementtoday.co.uk (accessed 22 June 2008)
- Costello, Miles (2009-01-13). "Sir Nigel Rudd steps down as Barclays deputy". The Times (London). Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- http://www.lboro.ac.uk/service/publicity/news-releases/2010/114_Nigel-Rudd.html BAA Chairman Sir Nigel Rudd appointed as new Chancellor of Loughborough University
- "Interview with Derby County Football Club’s Chairman, Peter Gadsby". Retrieved 2007-09-13.
Sir John Jennings
|This English business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|