Sir Richard Butler, 5th Baronet
He was the eldest son of James Butler, second son of Sir Thomas Butler, 3rd Baronet, and his wife Frances Abney, daughter of Sir Edward Abney. Butler represented Carlow County in the Irish House of Commons from 1730 to 1761. In 1732, he succeeded his uncle Pierce as baronet.
In 1728, he married Henrietta Percy, daughter of Henry Percy. They had four sons and six daughters. Butler died in 1771 and was succeeded by his eldest son Thomas. His third son Pierce was an American soldier and senator in the United States Senate.
- "Leigh Rayment - Baronetage". Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "ThePeerage - Sir Richard Butler, 5th Bt". Retrieved 21 March 2009.
- "Leigh Rayment - Irish House of Commons 1692-1800". Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- Burke, John (1832). A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. vol. I (4th ed.). London: Henry Colburn and Richard Bentley. p. 189.
- McGee, Thomas Darcy (1831). A History of the Irish Settlers in North America (2nd ed.). Boston: American Celt Office. p. 32.
|Parliament of Ireland|
|Member of Parliament for Carlow County
1730 – 1761
With: Robert Burton
|Baronetage of Ireland|
1732 – 1771