Sir Syed Memorial School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
|Sir Syed Memorial school|
|Gaya, Bihar, India|
Sir Syed Memorial School is about 35 km from Gaya, at Karma, near Bhadeya in Barachatti block. It has approximately 1000 students and is run by the Minority Upliftment Society, which aims to provide a good education to children of poor families in rural areas.
Sir Syed Memorial School was founded by the Minority Upliftment Society. It is named after the educator Syed Ahmed Khan. Kamaluddin Khan and his brother Jalal Uddin Khan opened the school in 1992, initially as the Sir Syed Educational Centre, later renamed to the Sir Syed Memorial School. The initial intake was 60 students, but this rapidly grew to over 1000 students. For some years the school offered boarding facilities for up to 100 students, but this was discontinued as pupil numbers increase in days scholars.
The School is managed by Minority Upliftment Society, Gaya. Trust's head office is in Karma, Gaya.
Vision & Mission
The main Vision and Mission of establishing the schools was educationally uplift a large section of the community with special emphases on Muslims to bring them in the main stream of nations development.
- To provide primary and secondary education to minorities and under privilege section of the society.
- School is committed to serve society’s children through high quality educational programs, enabling them to contribute humanely by creating exciting learning opportunities with a commitment to excel.
- To provide conducive environment to enable students to be constructive thinkers, able to hypothesize, pose question ,investigate issues, develop solutions to problems and be able to use information and communication technologies tools for learning .
- To provide equal opportunities to all students irrespective of their cast creed and religion.
- Effective Learning through group discussion, field work and value education by community interaction.
The school has a library, computer center, science laboratory and Career Services Centre.
Students regularly achieve admission to colleges and universities. Several alumni have gone on to commercial and academic success in India and abroad.