Siri von Reis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Siri von Reis|
Siri von Reis in 2011 at the Metropolitan Room in Manhattan
|Born||Siri Sylvia Patricia von Reis
February 10, 1931
|Occupation||botanist, author, and poet|
|Spouse(s)||Arthur Altschul (divorced 1972)|
|Children||Arthur Altschul, Jr. (born 1964)
Emily Helen Altschul (born 1966)
Serena Altschul (born 1970)
Siri Sylvia Patricia von Reis (born February 10, 1931) is an American botanist, author and poet. She is of half-Finnish and half-Swedish ancestry. She has worked as an investigator at the New York Botanical Garden.
- Arthur Altschul, Jr. (born 1964); in 2013, he became engaged to Palestinian newscaster Rula Jebreal
- Emily Helen Altschul (born 1966); in November 2002, she married John Miller (journalist), former host of 20/20, the weekly news magazine on ABC, in Manhattan.
- Serena Altschul (born 1970) is an American broadcast journalist, well known for her work at MTV News.
- New York Observer: "The Hard Sell" By Gabriel Sherman February 2, 2004
- "Author Query for 'Altschul'". International Plant Names Index.
- New York Times: "Arthur G. Altschul, 81, Banker, Art Collector and Philanthropist" By ERIC PACE March 20, 2002
- New York Times: "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS; Emily Altschul, John Miller" November 24, 2002
- Schultes, R.E.; Altschul, S. 2005: Ethnobotany: The Evolution of a Discipline
- Reis, Siri von 2001: The Love-Suicides at Sonezaki and other poems
- Altschul, S.; Lipp, F.J.Jr. 1982: New Plant Sources for Drugs and Foods from the New York Botanical Garden Herbarium
- Altschul, S. 1977: Exploring the Herbarium.
- Altschul, S. 1975. Drugs & Foods From Little-Known Plants - Notes in Harvard University Herbaria
- Altschul, S. 1972: The Genus Anadenanthera in Amerindian Cultures
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Siri von Reis.|
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|