|Elevation||1,178 m (3,865 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Sironko is located approximately 22 kilometres (14 mi) by road, northeast of the city of Mbale on the highway between Mbale and Moroto. This location, lies approximately 265 kilometres (165 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are:01 13 46N, 34 14 53E (Latitude:1.2295; Longitude:34.2480).
The elevation of the town is 3,864 feet (1,178 m) above sea level.
The 2002 national census put the population of the town at about 11,200 and in 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 13,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population of Sironko at 14,100.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or near the edges of town:
- The headquarters of Sironko District Administration
- The offices of Sironko Town Council
- Sironko Central Market
- A mobile branch of PostBank Uganda.
- "Distance between Mbale and Sironko with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Sironko With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Sironko In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 May 2014.