December 22, 1962
Michael Williams (born December 22, 1962), better known by his stage name Sister Roma, is an American drag queen and art director of gay pornography. He is a twenty-year member of San Francisco's Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Roma was the long-time art director at gay pornography studio Hot House Entertainment until Hot House was bought up by NakedSword, in 2014; She now serves as "art director and overall Ambassador of NakedSword". Roma also co-hosts an online talk show, The Tim and Roma Show, that focuses on gay pornographic movies and the LGBT community. Roma has been a presenter at the GayVN Awards, a pornography industry awards show. Roma has served as an emcee and judge for the San Francisco Drag King Contest, the 2005 benefit Porn Idol; and at the BDSM/leather event the Folsom Street Fair;
In 2003, Roma's drag act was incorporated into Ronnie Larsen's play Sleeping With Straight Men with Mink Stole in San Francisco. In 2006, Roma was nominated for Best Nonsexual Performance Gay Adult Video News (GAYVN) award for her portrayal of Mona Lott, the maid of Wet Palms, which is a ten-episode gay-porn soap opera series. He also has performed at San Francisco's long-running drag show Trannyshack. In 2012, Sister Roma was named one of the thirteen grand marshals for the San Francisco Pride Parade. In 2014, Roma objected to Facebook's real-name policy after the site suspended multiple accounts belonging to LGBT entertainers, and was one of a group of San Francisco residents who met with Facebook representatives to discuss the policy.
Awards and nominations
|2006||GayVN Awards||Best Nonsexual Performance (Wet Palms)||Nominated|
|2010||GayVN Awards||Personality of the Year||Won|
|2012||San Francisco Pride||Community Grand Marshal||Won|
- Personal bio at thesisters.org
- "As NakedSword's Ambassador, Sister Roma is Ready to Rock". Adult Video News. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Naked Sword And Porn Companies Give Back San Francisco Bay Time, 5 April 2007 (retrieved 2007-10-29)
- Tudor, Silke (July 19, 2000). "Night Crawler: Crown Performance". SF Weekly. Retrieved 2007-07-27.
- Johnson, Peter (July 19, 2005). "Will Clark San Francisco Fundraisers Near". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- Vaziri, Aidin (October 22, 2006). "On The Town With Heklina: All the city's a stage for this drag queen". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- Hurwitt, Robert (September 10, 2003). "Sleepwalking through a talk-show tragedy: Jenny Jones drama tends to nod off". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- Roca, Octavio (25 June 2002). "Trash-TV tragedy makes for farce: 'Straight Men' a campy success". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2012-07-21.
- Van Iquity, Sister Dana (March 10, 2006). "Wet Palms Is A Sexy Yet Sappy Soap". San Francisco Bay Times. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- Provenzano, Jim (September 10, 2003). "Tune, out". Bay Area Reporter. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- SF Pride official website
- Grinberg, Emanuella (September 18, 2014). "Facebook 'real name' policy stirs questions around identity". CNN. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- Sweetbriar, Bebe (November 3, 2010). "Sister Roma -- Porn’s favorite nun". Edge Boston. Retrieved 25 July 2012.