Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Wenn V. Deramas|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio
Vic R. Del Rosario Jr.
Kristina Bernadette Aquino
Jose Marie Viceral
Martina Aileen de las Alas
|Written by||Kriz G. Gazmen
Danno Kristoper C. Mariquit
|Screenplay by||Kriz G. Gazmen
Danno Kristoper C. Mariquit
Wenn V. Deramas
|Music by||Vincent de Jesus|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Budget||PHP 25 million|
|Box office||PHP 342 million (as of January 8, 2013 - MMFF season)
₱391 Million (4 weeks)
Sisterakas is a 2012 Filipino comedy parody film produced by Star Cinema and Viva Films and selected as one of the eight official entries to the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival. The film was released nationwide in theaters on December 25, 2012. The film was directed by Wenn V. Deramas and stars an ensemble cast including Ai-Ai Delas Alas, Vice Ganda, Kris Aquino, Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla, and Xyriel Manabat.
The film broke box-office records in the Philippines upon its nationwide release in theaters. It now holds the title of the highest-grossing Filipino film of all time domestically.
The childhoods of Bernice (Vice Ganda) and Detty (Ai-Ai Delas Alas) were worlds apart, but they did have one thing in common: their father. Bernice's birth was the result of an infidelity on his behalf, however, and so while Detty grew up with a wealthy family, Bernice and his mother were left to fend for themselves.
Years later, Bernice has become a wealthy and successful businessman, the so-called "Lord of Apparels". But his abrasive personality and rudeness have led to the resignation of his 75th assistant. Detty, meanwhile, is in dire need of a job and applies for the newly vacated position as executive assistant to a man that, unbeknownst to her, is actually her half-brother. Bernice knows exactly who she is and hires her. For Detty, this job means she can take care of her daughters; for Bernice, it’s a chance for payback.
Meanwhile, the main rival of Bernice’s company is currently posing as very strong competition. Headed by the eccentric yet equally brilliant and talented Roselle (Kris Aquino), the competition gets tougher, and a string of events leads to the two company heads fighting over the once-expendable Detty. James Yup (DJ Durano) and all of his henchmen get arrested by the police in the ruined parking lot.
- Ai-Ai Delas Alas as Bernadette "Detty" Sabroso-Maningas
- Vice Ganda as Bernardo "Totoy/Bernice" Laurel Sabroso
- Kris Aquino as Roxanne Celine "Roselle" Hermosa
- Kathryn Bernardo as Katherine "Kathy" Maningas
- Daniel Padilla as Angelo "Gelo" Santos
- Xyriel Manabat as Cindy Maningas
- Tirso Cruz III as Simon Hermosa
- Gloria Diaz as Maria Laurel
- DJ Durano as James Yup
- Daniel Matsunaga as Marlon
- Wilma Doesn't as Bernice's Bestfriend/Personal Assistant
- Thou Reyes as Tany/Bernice's Personal Assistant
- Tess Antonio
- Joey Paras
- Camille Delos Reyes
- Joy Viado as Bing Cristobal
- Melai Cantiveros as Janet (Bernice's old assistant)
In its second day, Sisterakas doubled its lead against its closest competitor, Si Agimat, Si Enteng Kabisote, at Si Ako. Sisterakas has turned a nationwide gross of P71.2 million at the close of screening of Metro Manila and provincial theaters.
According to Kris Aquino's official Twitter account, she reported that Sisterakas grossed P207.3 million after its first seven days in theaters. In comparison, The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin, the current highest-grossing Philippine film, grossed P200 million after eight days in theaters nationwide.
At the closing of screening in nationwide theaters on January 2, Sisterakas had earned P265,765,433.26 in nine days. This was reported by Kris Aquino, via her official Twitter account saying she is very pleased for the positive reviews of the film. The nine-day earnings of the movie places itself at the top five all-time highest-grossing Philippine film of all time.
According to Kris Aquino via her official Twitter account, she reported that Sisterakas grossed P283,467,640.89 in 10 days. It officially surpassed the record of then second all-time highest-grossing Philippine of all time, No Other Woman which stars Anne Curtis. Also released by Star Cinema and Viva Films, No Other Woman has a total box-office take of P278.39 million, according to the data gathered from Box Office Mojo. Sisterakas now places itself on the second spot behind from The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin in the list of the Philippines' all-time box-office films. Also directed by Wenn V. Deramas and stars Vice Ganda, Praybeyt Benjamin earned P331.61 million after its local theatrical run, according from Box Office Mojo. Vice Ganda currently holds the distinction of starring in three of the five highest-grossing Filipino films of all time.
After nearly eleven days in cinemas, Sisterakas turned in a nationwide gross of P300,263,229.84. This is confirmed by Kris Aquino's official Twitter account. It has since then the second film to breach P300 million of gross ticket sales after Praybeyt Benjamin, which has total gross of P331.61 million after its local theatrical run.
After almost 12 days in nationwide cinemas, Sisterakas closes the gap for all-time highest-grossing Philippine film. It has turned in a nationwide gross of P320,112,364.28 and is on set to dethrone Praybeyt Benjamin as the highest-grossing film of all-time. Starred by Vice Ganda and jointly produced by Star Cinema and Viva Films, Praybeyt Benjamin has made a grand total of P331.61 Million of gross ticket sales since its release in 2011.
No less than Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Francis Tolentino confirmed earlier today, January 8, that the Ai Ai delas Alas, Vice Ganda and Kris Aquino starrer has hit P342 million at the box office. Eric John Salut, Advertising & Promotions Head, TV Production of ABS-CBN Corporation confirmed on his Twitter account.
- "Sisterakas is PH's highest grossing local film". Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Vice-Kris Movie". Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "'Sisterakas' Full Trailer Released (Starring Vice Ganda, Ai Ai Delas Alas and Kris Aquino)". Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "'Sisterakas' widens the lead in box-office". Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- "'Sisterakas' earns P207M in first week". Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- Sisterakas achieves P200 Million in first week Entervrexworld.Wordpress.com Retrieved: December 30, 2012
- 'Sisterakas' box-office balloons to P265M ABS-CBN News.com Retrieved: January 03, 2013
- 'Sisterakas' now 2nd highest grossing Pinoy film ABS-CBN News.com Retrieved: Jan. 04, 2012
- 'Sisterakas' on track to be all-time highest grossing PH film ABS-CBN News.com Retrieved: January 5, 2013
- Sisterakas closes in on PH box-office record ABS-CBN News.com Retrieved: January 04, 2012