|Key people||Michael Seifert, CEO|
|Products||Sitecore Experience Platform|
Sitecore is a customer experience management company that provides web content management and multichannel marketing automation software. The company was founded in 2001 and has offices in more than 50 countries, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Singapore, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Sitecore's software allows on-premise or cloud deployment. Version 7.2 of the Sitecore Experience Platform was released in March 2014.
Products and services
Sitecore is recognized as a provider of web content management (WCM) and customer experience management software, although it is better known for the former, with such customers as EasyJet, L’Oreal, and Procter & Gamble using Sitecore to personalize website experiences. The company competes against Oracle Corporation, IBM, Salesforce.com, and Adobe Systems.
In March 2014, Sitecore released the 7.2 version of its product suite, renamed the Sitecore Experience Platform, offering integrated modules for managing customer experiences across web, email, print, commerce, mobile, and social channels. In May 2014 the company announced the Sitecore Experience Database running on the NoSQL database MongoDB to support big data marketing and real-time web applications. Previous Sitecore database products ran on SQL Server. Sitecore also took responsibility for developing and supporting Commerce Server, a former Microsoft product, and released Sitecore Commerce Server 11 in August 2014.
With its primary business focused on product development, Sitecore offers limited professional services directly. It trains and supports a large partner and developer community to assist customers with design and implementation.
The Sitecore Developer Network, also known as SDN, is a technical resource for developers and administrators. Software, product documentation and support forums are available on SDN. The Sitecore Shared Source library allows developers to distribute source code in its community.
Industry recognition and awards
- 2014 Forrester Research's Forrester Wave for Digital Experience Delivery Platforms: Strong performer
- 2014 Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Campaign Management: Visionary
- 2014 Microsoft Alliance ISV Partner of the Year
- 2014 KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management
- 2013 Forrester Research's Forrester Wave for Web Content Management for Digital Customer Experience: Leader
- 2013 Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management: Leader
- 2013 Microsoft Enterprise ISV of the Year
- 2013 EContent Magazine's Top 100 Companies in the Digital Content Industry
- 2013 CMS Critic's: People's Choice Award Winner and Critic's Choice Award Winner for Best Enterprise CMS
In 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, University of Copenhagen alumni Thomas Albert, Jakob Christensen, Peter Christensen, Ole Sas Thrane, and current Sitecore CEO Michael Seifert cofounded Pentia A/S, a systems integration company that focused on implementing websites built on Microsoft technologies. At the time, building and managing websites required the expertise of a programmer or developer. Ole Sas Thrane and Jakob Christensen devised a set of methods for automating those processes and decided to turn their invention into a marketable product that would today be classified as a web content management system.
In 2001, Sitecore was spun off as a separate business entity that initially sold content management systems in the Danish market to IT departments. However, the company has grown profitably into a recognized global provider of customer experience management software targeted primarily to corporate marketing departments and marketing service providers.
- 2014 July 8: Sitecore acquired a majority stake in Komfo, a Danish social media marketing and community engagement application provider, and introduced its social media marketing suite, Sitecore Social.
- 2013 November 20: Sitecore acquired the assets of commerceserver.net for an undisclosed sum from Smith (formerly Ascentium) and took responsibility and ownership for developing, marketing, and selling Commerce Server, a former Microsoft product Sitecore announced an early access program for its Sitecore Commerce product on August 5, 2014.
- 2011 July 5: Sitecore acquired the development team and the intellectual property of Pectora, provider of web publishing solutions for deep integration with print-based projects.
- Michael Seifert, Chief Executive Officer
- Ahmed Rubaie, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Tupanjanin, Chief Revenue Officer
- Kim Elsass, Chief Customer Experience Officer
- Karsten Bjerregaard, Chief Accounting Officer
- Darren Guarnaccia, Chief Strategy Officer
- Steffen Andersen, Chief Development Officer
- Bjarne Hansen, President, Sitecore North America
- "Can Michael Seifert's Sitecore Be The Customer Experience Management Platform of The Future?". Forbes. 16 Oct 2014.
- "Sitecore Releases Version 7.2 of Its Customer Experience Platform". Destination CRM. 13 March 2014.
- "Marketing Cloud Challenger Sitecore On The Future Of Personalized Experiences". Forbes. 5 August 2014.
- "EasyJet converts more website visits to sales with new CMS". Computerworld UK. 24 August 2012.
- "L'Oreal chooses Sitecore content management platform to build better customer engagement". CMO/IDG. 17 April 2014.
- "Proctor & Gamble improves web customer engagement". Computerworld UK. 1 March 2013.
- "Forrester's Wave: WCM for Digital Customer Experiences, Adobe, SDL, Sitecore Top the List". CMS Wire. 8 August 2013.
- "Unshackling big data for marketers: Sitecore’s new real-time NoSQL platform is a game-changer". VentureBeat. 30 April 2014.
- "Sitecore Acquires Commerceserver.net to Extend .NET CXM Play". Gartner Inc. November 27, 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Sitecore SDN". Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- "Sitecore Shared Source Library". Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- Experience Delivery Platforms "The Forrester Wave: Digital Experience Delivery Platforms, Q3 2014". Forrester Research. 22 July 2014.
- "Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Campaign Management". Gartner Inc. 21 May 2014.
- "Congratulations 2014 WPC Partner of the Year Award Winners and Finalists!". Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management". 2014-03-01. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "The Forrester Wave: Web Content Management for Digital Customer Experience, Q2 2013". Gartner Inc. 8 April 2013.
- "Gartner MQ for Web Content Management 2013". Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Microsoft announces winners and finalists of 2013 Sales Achievement program". 2014-07-30. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "The Top 100 Companies in the Digital Content Industry: The 2013-2014 EContent 100". 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "2013 Critic's Choice Winner for Best Enterprise CMS". 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "Pentia: About Us". Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- Thrane and Christensen, United States Patent 7,856,345, Method for building and managing a web site, December 2010
- "Sitecore triples size in Sausalito move". North Bay Business Journal. 2014-08-04.
- Seifert and Christensen, United States Patent 8,255,526, "A method for collecting human experience analytics data", August 2012
- "Social media marketing from Sitecore". KM World. July 14, 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Sitecore Adds Print Media to Customer Engagement Platform via Acquisition". CMS Wire. July 5, 2011. Retrieved 4 September 2014.