Sites is an unincorporated community in Colusa County, California. It lies at an elevation of 299 feet (91 m).Its ZIP code is 95979 and its area code is 530.
Carl E. Grunsky named the area for John H. Sites, a landholder, in 1887. The same year, a Post Office was established. It was discontinued in 1968.
Sites and the valley surrounding it have been considered a prime candidate for the location of a reservoir that would provide water to California as a whole.
In the state legislature, Sites is in the 4th Senate District, represented by Republican Jim Nielsen, and the 3rd Assembly District, represented by Republican Dan Logue. Federally, Sites is in California's 3rd congressional district, represented by Democrat John Garamendi.
- ^ Goode, Erwin G. (1949). California Place Names. University of California Press. p. 334.
- ^ Salley, Harold E. (1977). Hostiry of California Post Offices, 1849–1976. La Mesa, California: Postal History Associates. p. 205.
- ^ Martin, Mark (9 January 2007). "Governor's new state water plan to include 2 dams". San Francisco Chronicle. p. B-1. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- ^ "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- ^ "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- ^ "California's 3rd Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
Made by Farah Essam