Sivakarthikeyan with the Times of India Best Promising Newcomer award
17 February 1985 
Singampuneri, Sivaganga District, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Film actor, stand-up comedian, television presenter, Singer|
|Spouse(s)||Aarthi (27 August 2010 - present)|
|Children||Aaradhana (b. 22 October 2013)|
Sivakarthikeyan (born 17 February 1985) is an Indian film actor, television anchor, stand-up comedian working in the Tamil film industry. He began his media career as a participant on STAR Vijay's comedy reality show Kalakka Povathu Yaaru. Then he starred as an anchor in adhu idhu edhu in vijay TV which became a famous game show for his comedies .The film Ethir Neechal is the turning point of his life.He made his acting debut as a film actor in raju sundaram's film "Aegan "(2008) he was scheduled to act in a minor role as Thala Ajith's spy and acted only one day due to script change and he couldn't continue further.Then he acted in a supporting role in Pandiraj's Marina (2012) before making a breakthrough with four consecutive successful films from 2013 onwards with Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga (2013),Ethir Neechal (2013), Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam (2013) and Maan Karate (2014).
Sivakarthikeyan was born in Singampuneri (near Sivagangai). He has a sister, who is a doctor in Tiruchirapalli. He completed his schooling in Campion Anglo-Indian Higher Secondary School, Tiruchirappalli and then undertook his Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering at JJ College of Engineering and he also completed MBA in Chennai. He married his cousin Aarthi on 27 August 2010 and has a baby girl Aaradhana, born on 22 October 2013.
During his time in college, took interest in cultural programmes and often performed mimicry and film spoofs as a part of a dramatics club. Before beginning his MBA programme, he was free for three months and during the period his friends convinced him to audition for the Kalakka Povathu Yaaru competition on STAR Vijay and despite initial reluctance to apply, he won the show. He then continued his television appearances by through participation in dance-reality shows, pairing up with Aishwarya in Jodi Number One Season 3 and then in Boys Vs Girls Season 1 and 2. He then received further opportunities to host several shows on STAR Vijay including Airtel Super Singer, opportunities to host promotional film events as well a chance to host the 5th and 6th editions of the Vijay Awards. karthik zacky also attempted to make a breakthrough in films, auditioning for a role in Balaji Sakthivel's Vazhakku Enn 18/9, but was unsuccessful. He regularly appeared in short films including Atlee's Mugapputhagam, Identity, Kurahl 786 and 360°, while balancing his career as a television host.
After seeing him host the audio launch function of the film Vaagai Sooda Vaa, Pandiraj approached him to play a role in his next venture Marina, and Sivakarthikeyan signed the project. He prepared for his first role by paying close attention to Pandiraj's instructions and visiting Marina Beach extensively to study the surroundings, while revealing that he hoped that his natural talent of humour would come through on-screen. Featuring alongside Oviya as a young couple in the film, Siva's performance was well received with a critic noting "the romance adds colour to a monochrome film", while the reviewer also noted that the "role of Senthilnathan requires Siva to be just himself, it is just a cake walk in terms of performance for this actor." Prior to Marina's release, Aishwarya Dhanush had signed him up to play a supporting role as Dhanush's friend in 3, after being impressed with his work on stage as a host. Following significant pre-release hype, the film opened to predominantly positive reviews with critics appreciating Sivakarthikeyan's work providing comic relief in a serious film. The project also marked the beginning of an association with Dhanush, whom Sivakarthikeyan has often stated is his mentor in the film industry. He was next seen in Ezhil's romantic comedy Manam Kothi Paravai, which opened to mixed reviews but had a decent run at the box office. A critic noted that the film "might not provide Sivakarthikeyan the platform he is aspiring for – lead roles in movies. But it does showcase his potential as an actor, moving away from the annals of a comedian."
He appeared in three consecutive commercially successive films in 2013. In his first release of the year, Sivakarthikeyan agreed to feature in another venture with Pandiraj's Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga, a dual hero coming-of-age comedy alongside Vimal, and shot for the film in his home town of Tiruchirappalli. The film opened to positive reviews with a critics. The film became a surprise success at the box office and ended up being a profitable venture for producers and distributors. His next success was through Dhanush's debut production venture Ethir Neechal. His next venture, Ponram's comedy Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam, saw him portray a comical leader of a young village society and featured him alongside Sri Divya and Soori. Sivakarthikeyan helped to extensively promote the film, making a promotional video for a song he had sung in the venture as well as completing a whirlwind tour of Tamil Nadu cinema halls to interact with fans. He won positive reviews for his performance from critics, with Sify noting "Sivakarthikeyan is terrific as Bosepandi because he makes this yarn look so believable on screen with his body language, eyes and dialogue delivery". Another reviewer wrote that he is "a delight to watch", claiming "he carried the script". The film completed 100 days during its theatrical run and is Sivakarthikeyan's biggest commercial box office success to date. Sivakarthikeyan performance for all three movies in 2013 has led him winning the Vijay Awards entertainer of the year2014.
Sivakarthikeyan is currently shooting for the film Kakki Sattai which he will be working with the same team that filmed Ethir Neechal and he will be portraying a police officer. He is also shooting for the film Rajini Murugan where he will be portraying a role of an Estate Broker and he will be romancing actress Keerthi Suresh from Malayalam industry.
|2012||Manam Kothi Paravai||Kannan|
|2013||Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga||Pattai Murugan / Ranga Murugan|
|2013||Ethir Neechal||Kunjithapatham / Harish|
|2013||Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam||Bosepandi|
|2014||Maan Karate||Maan Karate Peter|
|2014||Kakki Sattai||R. Mathimaran||Post-Production|
|2015||Rajini Murugan||Rajini Murugan||Filming|
|2015||Sundar C project||Pre-production|
As a Singer
|2013||Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam||Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam||D. Imman|
|2014||Maan Karate||Royapuram Peter||Anirudh Ravichander|
|2014||Kakki Sattai||I'm So Cool||Anirudh Ravichander|
- Vikatan Award - Best Anchor for Jodi No.1 (2011)
- Techofes Award - Best Debut Actor For Marina (2012)
- Mudhal Moovar Award (2012)
- Women Exclusive Magazine Award (2013)
- Behindwoods Gold MedaL Award Best Entertaining Performance For Ethirneechal & Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam (2013)
- Neeya Naana Awards - Best Entertainer Of The Year (2013)
- Vijay Television Awards - Pride of Vijay TV (2013)
- Vijay Award for Entertainer of the Year for Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga / Ethir Neechal / Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam (2013)
- SIIMA Award for Best Actor for Ethir Neechal (2013 film) (2014)
- Edison Awards 2014 - The Rising Star
- "Life profile of Vijay Tv Anchor Sivakarthikeyan and his family details".
- Sivakarthikeyan is a romantic at heart – Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (11 February 2012). Retrieved on 1 August 2012.
- Sivakarthikeyan is a man of his word – Times Of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (8 February 2012). Retrieved on 1 August 2012.
- zacky/articleshow/20791108.cms I never thought I’d become a hero: karthik zacky – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (27 June 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Gupta, Rinku. (16 May 2013) zacky -finally-gets-to-work-with-Lingusamy/2013/05/16/article1591579.ece#.UxyiBvl_uSo karthik zacky finally gets to work with Lingusamy. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Love and laughter. The Hindu (15 March 2012). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Marina Review – Marina Movie Review. Behindwoods.com. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Here’s why Siva is unhappy!. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Movie Review : 3. Sify.com. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Manam Kothi Paravai Review – Manam Kothi Paravai Movie Review. Behindwoods.com. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Smart Alec. The Hindu (2 February 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Movie Review : Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga review. Sify.com. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Review: Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga is an entertainer – Rediff.com Movies. Rediff.com (29 March 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga-A mass hit. Sify.com (5 April 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- A clean well-made family entertainer: Sivakarthikeyan. Sify.com (1 September 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Mannath, Malini. (8 September 2013) Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam: Karthikeyan's splendid take. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- Yet another century for Sivakarthikeyan – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (14 December 2013). Retrieved on 13 April 2014.
- 6 July 2014 09:10 IST (2014-07-06). "Vijay Awards: Ajith's 'Arrambam', Kamal Haasan, Sivakarthikeyan Bag Awards [Winners List]". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "CHENNAI BOX OFFICE". Behindwoods. 25 May 2014.
- "Chennai Box-Office". Sify. 21 Apr 2014.
- The author has posted comments on this article. "Sivakarthikeyan gets Lakshmi Menon - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-05.