Six moments musicaux (Schubert)
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
- Moderato in C major
- Andantino in A-flat major
- Allegro moderato in F minor
- Moderato in C-sharp minor
- Allegro vivace in F minor
- Allegretto in A-flat major
Along with the Impromptus, they are among the most frequently played of all Schubert's piano music, and have been recorded many times. No. 3 in F minor has been arranged by Leopold Godowsky and others.
They were published by Leidesdorf in Vienna in 1828, under the title "Six Momens [sic] musicals [sic]". The correct French forms are now usually used – moments (instead of momens), and musicaux (instead of musicals). The sixth number was published in 1824 in a Christmas album under the title Les plaintes d'un troubadour.
- Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 5th ed. 1954
- Moments musicaux: Scores at the International Music Score Library Project
- Performance of the Six moments musicaux by Charlie Albright from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in MP3 format
|This article about a classical composition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|