Sixth Federal Electoral District of Chihuahua
The Sixth Federal Electoral District of Chihuahua (VI Distrito Electoral Federal de Chihuahua) is one of the 300 Electoral Districts into which Mexico is divided for the purpose of elections to the federal Chamber of Deputies and one of nine such districts in the state of Chihuahua.
Under the 2005 districting scheme, the district covers the western portion of the Chihuahua Municipality, including approximately one-half of the city of Chihuahua. The other half of the city, and the rest of the municipality, is covered by the Eighth District.
The district's head town (cabecera distrital), where results from individual polling stations are gathered together and collated, is the state capital, the city of Chihuahua.
Previous districting schemes
Between 1996 and 2005, the district covered the northern part of Chihuahua Municipality; i.e., it included the part of the city/municipality north of the Río Chuviscar.
Deputies returned to Congress from this district
- L Legislature
- 1976–1979: José Refugio Mar de la Rosa (PRI)
- LI Legislature
- 1979–1982: Enrique Sánchez Silva (PRI)
- LII Legislature
- 1982–1985: Diógenes Bustamante Vela (PRI)
- LIII Legislature
- LIV Legislature
- LV Legislature
- 1991–1994: Jaime Ríos Velasco Grajeda (PRI)
- LVI Legislature
- 1994–1997: Oscar Villalobos Chávez (PRI)
- LVII Legislature
- LVIII Legislature
- LIX Legislature
- 2003–2006: Gustavo Madero Muñoz (PAN)
- LX Legislature
- 2006–2009: Emilio Flores Domínguez (PAN)
References and notes
- Instituto Federal Electoral. "Condensado de Chihuahua". Retrieved 9 November 2008.
- Instituto Federal Electoral. "Distritación de 1996 de Chihuahua". Retrieved 9 November 2008.
- Baeza Meléndez resigned his seat in the Chamber of Deputies to compete (successfully) for the governorship of Chihuahua.
- Armendáriz Delgado died in office.
- Martínez García resigned his seat in the Chamber of Deputies to compete (successfully) for the governorship of Chihuahua.
- Gutiérrez Dávila resigned his seat in the Chamber of Deputies to take a position at the Secretariat of the Comptrollership and Administrative Development.