|Origin||Seattle, WA, U.S.|
|Years active||2000 - present|
|Website||Official MySpace Site|
|Past members||Brent McKnight
Skarp is a grindcore band from Seattle, Washington, United States. The band has released one split EP with Human Error, one EP, and two full-length studio albums. The band has been heavily influenced by Choking Victim.
The band was formed by former David Koresh Choir members Renae and Robert, and were soon joined by Brent McKnight of Act of Heresy on bass and Eric Brose of Crisis Rebirth on drums. Brose was soon replaced by Joe Axler on drums, with Brose moving to second guitar. The line-up stabilized when McKnight left to concentrate on the November Group, with Brose leaving soon after. After continuing as a three-piece for six months, Tim Lewis joined on bass, and this line-up played on the band's first release. After Tim was injured, Andrew Kress joined to replace him.
The band have released two albums, the first Bury Your Dead in 2004, subsequently signing to Alternative Tentacles after touring Europe in support of The Melvins, and releasing the Billy Anderson-produced Requiem in late 2005.
- Renae Betts - vocals
- Robert Daniels - guitar
- Andrew Kress - bass guitar
- Joe Axler - drums
- Brent McKnight - bass guitar
- Eric Brose - drums
- Tim Lewis- bass guitar
- Bury Your Dead (2004), Inimical
- Requiem (2005), Alternative Tentacles
- Split EP with Human Error (2001)
- Skarp EP (2003)
- "Skarp", MusicMight, retrieved 11 November 2009
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2005) New Wave of American Heavy Metal, Zonda Books, ISBN 978-0-9582684-0-0, p. 269
- Magilow, Andrew (2005) "Skarp Requiem", Splendid Magazine, 12 November 2005, retrieved 11 November 2009
- Pratt, Greg (2005) "Skarp Requiem", Exclaim!, November 2005, retrieved 11 November 2009
- Alisoglu, Scott (2005) "CD Reviews: SKARP - Requiem", Blabbermouth.net, retrieved 11 November 2009