Current Skechers logo (1998–present)
|Traded as||NYSE: SKX|
|Headquarters||Manhattan Beach, California, U.S.|
|Number of locations||193 (company-owned worldwide)|
|Key people||Robert Greenberg
|Revenue||US$ 1.846 billion (FY 2013)|
|Net income||US$ 60.868 million (FY 2013)|
|Employees||6,868 (Jan 2014)|
Skechers is an American shoe company headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, founded by CEO Robert Greenberg and his son Michael in 1992 right after Robert left LA Gear, which he had founded in 1983. Michael was a distributor for Doc Martens. Importing knock-off Doc Martens boots ended in a legal battle between Skechers and Doc Martens. Skechers' early products were utility-style boots and skate shoes; the company has since diversified to include thousands of athletic, casual and dress styles for men, women, and children.
Skechers makes an effort to maintain a trendy and stylish brand image by using celebrity-driven advertising, and has promoted its product with singers Brandy, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, The Black Eyed Peas, Ashlee Simpson, Carrie Underwood and David Cook; actors Robert Downey Jr., Rob Lowe and Matt Dillon; athletes Joe Montana, Karl Malone, Rick Fox, Meb Keflezighi and Wayne Gretzky; and TV personalities Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner and Brooke Burke. Skechers' brands include Skechers Sport, Skechers USA, Skechers Performance, Active, Cali, Shape-ups, Tone-ups, Skechers Resistance, Skechers Work and Skechers Kids. Branded separately, the company's fashion and street lines include Unltd. by Marc Ecko, Zoo York and Mark Nason.
In 1998, Skechers signed an agreement with ModaCAD Inc. to participate in ModaCAD's dynamic interactive, photo-realistic 3-D rendered virtual shopping mall.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX) main financial via wikinvest
- SKECHERS U.S.A., INC. Form-10K, Securities and Exchange Commission, February 28, 2014
- Sole Survivors. Forbes.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-30.
- Robert Greenberg 1940— Biography – Entrepreneurial skills, L.a. gears boom and bust. Referenceforbusiness.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-30.
- Skechers U.S.A. Inc. — Company History
- SKX 2009 10-K "Selected Financial Data"
- SKECHERS Corporate Information
- "SKECHERS USA Inc. to Participate in ModaCAD and Intel Developed E-business Fashion Solution.".
- Dina Elboghdady (2012-05-16). "Skechers agrees to $40 million settlement for claims about shoes' benefits". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skechers.|