Skeffling shown within the East Riding of Yorkshire
|Population||149 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Ceremonial county||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|UK Parliament||Beverley and Holderness|
Skeffling is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, in an area known as Holderness. It is situated approximately 5 miles (8 km) south of the town of Withernsea and 4 miles (6.4 km) south east of the village of Patrington on the B1445 road from Patrington to Easington.
Skeffling projects 
Among developments in Skefling has been the installation, by Eagle Power, of a 6 kW wind turbine on a free standing 15-metre (49 ft) mast. This was made possible with help from the BERR's Low Carbon Buildings Program, Langeled's Rural Communities Development Fund, DEFRA, Yorkshire Forward, Humber & Wolds Rural Community Council and with vital help and guidance from Karen Wood, the rural communities' officer from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
The turbine was installed on 20 February 2007 and powers Skeffling Village Hall, with any excess is sold to the National Grid; the proceeds are used to help maintain and eventually replace the turbine. The decision to use renewable energy was made with 'Agenda 21' of the 1992 Rio Earth Summit in mind, which has sustainable development at its heart.
- "Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics: Area: Skeffling CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Skeffling CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
- Church of St Helen (1161165). National Heritage List for England. English Heritage. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; David Neave (2002) . Yorkshire: York and the East Riding: The Buildings of England (2nd Ed. ed.). Yale University Press. ISBN 0-300-09593-7.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Skeffling|
- Details from listed building database (166614) . Images of England. English Heritage. - St Helen's Church
- Skeffling projects since 2004
|This East Riding of Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|