From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up skein in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Skein may refer to:
- A flock of geese or ducks in V formation flight
- A wound ball of yarn with a centre pull strand, see Hank (textile)
- A unit of measurement used by weavers and tailors, equal to 96 ells or 360 feet (110 m)
- TV Series, used part of Variety's slanguage.
- Skein dubh, a Scottish knife
- Skein module, a mathematical concept
- Skein relation, a mathematical concept often used to give a simple definition of knot polynomials
- Skein (comics), a fictional supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe
- Skein (hash function), a candidate hash function to the NIST hash function competition from Bruce Schneier et al.
- The part of an axle that a wagon wheel is mounted to.
- The Tangled Skein, a novel by Baroness Orczy
- With a Tangled Skein, a novel by Piers Anthony, book three of Incarnations of Immortality
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Skein.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.