Comparison of the ten ounce bottle (left) and the twelve ounce bottle (right)
|Type||Flavored soft drink|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Related products||Sun Drop, Squirt, Vault, Mountain Dew, Mello Yello|
The Double Cola Company of Chattanooga, Tennessee originally got the formulated Ski from Byron Clarson in 1956 who owned a Double Cola-related bottling company in Richland Center, Wisconsin. and trademarked the soda in 1958.
In 1999, the Ski can and logo was redesigned with the phrase "Taste the Wake."
In 2009, the Ski can and logo were redesigned, an online vote was posted on the official Ski website to vote on a selected logo. Along with the redesigned cans, Cherry Ski was re-branded as "Ski InfraRED".
In 2009 the selected can design hits markets with the phrase "Real Lemon, Real Orange, Real Good!"
Ski is bottled in several bottling facilities across the United States. Ski is distributed in Alabama, Alaska, California, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Ski is distributed in southern Illinois by Excel Bottling Company.
- Ski is mentioned in the song "Dumas Walker" by The Kentucky Headhunters.
- Professional gamer and Illinois native Bubba Mays holds a Guinness record having consumed one bottle of Ski soda every day for over 25 years.
- A sign promoting Ski can be seen on the door of the Whistlestop Cafe in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Official website
- Ski on Twitter
- Ski on Facebook
- Double Cola
- Excel Bottling Company - Breese, IL
- Ski For Your Pleasure - Joe Henken Ski collector's fan site