From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Skidding)
|Look up skid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Skid may refer to:
- Modular process skid, a transportable “system in a box”
- Skid, a type of pallet, a metal, wood or plastic platform for holding machinery or equipment. Some pallets have planks across the bottom level, flush with the floor, but a skid has no planks along the full length or width to form a bottom level on the floor.
- Skid (aerodynamic), an outward side-slip in an aircraft turn
- Skid steering, a method of steering in which wheels or tracks are skidded sideways
- Skid mark, a mark left where two surfaces rub against each other, especially a locked vehicle wheel on the road
- Skid, a sled runner
- Skid row, a neighborhood with a large number of vagrant people
- Skid, a type of fairground ride
- Short-term for script kiddie
- In logging
- Skid road, a log path for removal of logs from a hilly forest
- Skidder, a vehicle used in a logging operation for pulling cut trees out of a forest
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Skid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.