|Presented by||Rebecca Romijn|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Producer(s)||Robin Barcus Slonina|
|Production company(s)||Michael Levitt Productions|
|Original channel||Game Show Network|
|Original run||August 6, 2014– present|
Contestants on the series perform challenges containing body painting each episode. At the end of each episode, one contestant is eliminated.
On September 12, 2013, GSN ordered eight episodes of the series, making it GSN's first television show devoted to body art. On February 4, 2014, GSN announced Rebecca Romijn as host of Skin Wars, with RuPaul, Craig Tracy and Robin Slonina serving as judges.
GSN also began airing an online series entitled Skin Wars: The Naked Truth with Kandee Johnson airing immediately after Skin Wars on DOOR3, GSN's YouTube channel targeted toward 18–25 year-olds. The series features commentary from Johnson as well as highlights from that night's episode and a "Skinterview" with one of the contestants.
The 10 body painters competing in the first season were:
|Alan Anderson||38||Denver, Colorado||10th|
|Sean Avram||39||Hinesburg, Vermont||9th|
|Angela Roberts||22||Lafayette, Louisiana||8th|
|Mythica Von Griffyn||43||Denver, Colorado||7th|
|Gear Boxxx||35||Las Vegas, Nevada||5th|
|Nicole Hays||29||Riverview, Florida||4th|
|Dutch Bihary||41||Seattle, Washington|
|Natalie Fletcher||28||Bend, Oregon|
|Shannon Holt||38||Orlando, Florida|
- The contestant won Skin Wars.
- The contestant was a runner-up.
- The contestant won a Challenge
- The contestant was in the top 3 in the Challenge.
- The contestant was in the bottom in the Challenge.
- The contestant was in the bottom two in the Challenge.
- The contestant was eliminated.
Skin Wars debuted to 697,000 viewers while posting a 0.2 rating among adults 18–49. The premiere was the most watched original program on GSN since the season 2 finale of The Chase, which received 818,000 viewers. The series has since climbed to a series high of 725,000 viewers.
- Kondology, Amanda (September 12, 2013). "GSN Paints the Town With 'Skin Wars' as Network Orders 8 Episodes of New Original Series". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "GSN Orders Body-Painting Competition Series 'Skin Wars'". Deadline. PMC. September 12, 2013. Archived from the original on September 17, 2013. Retrieved September 13, 2013.
- "GSN Announces Premiere Dates for New Original Summer Series Skin Wars and Idiotest". GSN Corporate. June 19, 2014. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- "GSN Announces Rebecca Romijn as Host of New Original Series “Skin Wars”". GSN Corporate. February 4, 2014. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- "GSN to Launch Online Series Skin Wars: The Naked Truth with Kandee Johnson, Debuting on DOOR3 YouTube Channel Wednesday, August 6 at 10:00PM ET/PM". GSN Corporate. August 5, 2014. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- Pucci, Douglas (August 7, 2014). "Solid Start for Skin Wars on GSN". TV Media Insights. Cross MediaWorks. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "GSN’S Third Episode of Body-Painting Competition Show, Skin Wars, Delivers Series-High Ratings". GSN Corporate. August 21, 2014. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
|This article relating to reality television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|