Skive is a town in Skive municipality (Danish, Skive Kommune) in Region Midtjylland at the base of Salling Peninsula, a part of the larger Jutland peninsula in northwest Denmark. It is the municipality's main town and the site of its municipal council.
- 14th century Spøttrup Castle underwent extensive repairs in the 1940s, and opened as a museum and medicinal herb garden.
- Skive Art Museum (Skive Kunstmuseum) is housed in a building designed by Danish architect Leopold Teschl, who also designed the Skive Historical Museum. The Art Museum houses a broad collection of modern Danish art, and has a special interest in expressive landscapes and New Realism painting. The collection also has works by local artists, including Christen Dalsgaard, a national romantic painter associated with the Golden Age of Danish Painting.
- The Museum also has a stuffed polar bear, which was donated to Skive by the friendship city of Scoresbysund in Greenland.
- The Fur Museum is on the island of Fur, part of the Skive municipality. It features exhibits relating to the island, particularly fossils.
- The Four Boxes Gallery is located in the grounds of the Krabbesholm Højskole, with an unusual modern design by Japanese architects Atelier Bow-Wow.
- The Mønsted Limestone Caves south-west of Skive are run by Denmark's nature-preservation group, Skov- og Naturstyrelse. As well as being a tourist attraction, the caves are used as a place to age cheese, which is then exported to Germany as "cavecheese". In winter, the caves are home to 10,000 bats.
- In Skive, all the roundabouts have been decorated with pieces of art known as the 11 Stars, designed by the Danish designer Timothy Jacob Jensen.
- Common amenities, such as supermarkets, shops, a bowling alley and hotels, are all to be found in the town centre.
- Skive Airport
Twin towns — Sister cities
Skive is twinned with:
Celebrities from Skive
- Carpark North
- Mads Schmidt Christensen
- Preben Kristensen
- Mads Langer
- Ulf Pilgaard
- Superheroes (band)
- Rasmus Würtz
- Svend Engedal, goalkeeper for the U.S. football team at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics.
- Municipality's official website
- The new Skive municipality's official website (Danish only)
- The 11 Stars of Skive. Art in traffic
- Skive Skive Folkeblad - City Local Newspaper
- Skive tourism bureau
- Spøttrup Castle
- Skive Art Museum
- Mønsted Limestone Caves