Skratch 'N Sniff
|Running time||1–2 hrs|
DJ Mike Czech
|Air dates||since March 9, 2003|
Skratch 'N Sniff is a nationally-syndicated American radio program. Hosted by radio imaging producer Malcolm Ryker and DJ Mike Czech, the weekly show mixes rock and hip-hop music for affiliates across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The show first began on March 9, 2003 at San Diego rock station XETRA-FM (91.1 FM, "91X"). Rock-oriented Ryker had contacted hip-hop DJ Mike Czech, then at San Diego pop station XHITZ-FM (90.3 FM, "Z90"), with the idea of combining their respective formats in a blended mashup show. By 2007, the show was airing on nearly 30 active rock and alternative rock stations; Westwood One, the radio network acquired by Dial Global, began syndication of Skratch 'N Sniff that same year. In 2008, the show expanded from one to two hours in most markets. Compass Media Networks took over syndication of Skratch 'N Sniff in 2012.
Today the show serves nearly 60 affiliates, including stations in Boston, Washington, D.C., Denver, Cleveland, and Tampa. In recent years, Skratch 'N Sniff has also offered limited content to non-market affiliates from the show's annual Halloween special.
- "Skratch 'N Sniff Needs Record Service". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. June 23, 2006. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "10 Questions with... Malcolm Ryker". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. August 12, 2008. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "Skratch 'N Sniff Wants To Be On Your Mailing List". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. February 7, 2007. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "WW1's Skratch 'N Sniff Adds New Affiliates, Expands To 2 Hours". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. May 1, 2008. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Goldstein, Meredith (May 14, 2007). "The (Hed) of the Class". The Boston Globe (The New York Times Company). p. 2.
- "Making Moves: Tuesday, October 11, 2011". Radio-Info.com. In3media, Inc. October 11, 2011. Retrieved May 1, 2012.