Skulls of the Shogun
|Skulls of the Shogun|
|Release date(s)||January 30, 2013
November 27, 2013
Skulls of the Shogun is a turn-based tactics video game developed by 17-BIT. The game is inspired by Advance Wars and features turn-based combat between undead samurai. Skulls of the Shogun was originally planned for a 2012 release on Xbox Live Arcade and Windows 8. The game is available for Xbox 360, Windows, and Windows Phone.
In June 2013, 17-BIT released Skulls of the Shogun: The Bone-A-Fide Edition on Steam for Windows XP (SP 3) and up, with 4 new campaign levels, a new character, new multiplayer levels and progression system, and developer's commentary.
Reviews for Skulls of the Shogun have been mostly positive, and the Xbox 360 version currently has an 81% Metascore on the aggregated site Metacritic. Rob Kershaw at The Digital Fix gave the game 8/10, praising its accessible but challenging gameplay, whilst also noting that it was occasionally difficult to distinguish between the different units on the battlefield.
- Davison, John (2010-06-29). "Skulls of the Shogun First Look". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2010-09-02. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- Davies, Martin (2011-01-19). "Skulls of the Shogun Preview". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- McWhertor, Michael (2010-09-20). "Skulls of the Shogun Hands-on: The Art of Advance War". Kotaku. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "Skulls of the Shogun Cross-Platform Play". Youtube. 2012-12-17.
- Metacritic. 19 August 2013
- The Digital Fix - Skulls of the Shogun Review. 27 February 2013.
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|