Sky News Business Channel
|Sky News Business Channel|
|Launched||7 January 2008|
|Owned by||Australian News Channel Pty., Limited|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Sister channel(s)||Sky News Australia
Sky News Weather Channel
Sky News Business Channel is an Australian 24-hour business news channel, available nationally on the Foxtel subscription platform and via mobile through FoxtelGo. It is owned and operated by Australian News Channel Pty Ltd.
Sky News Business would utilise and simulcast content from Fox Business Network in the United States. In turn, Fox Business Network would air coverage from Sky News Business in order to provide Australian financial news coverage to American audiences.
The channel would also utilise the resources of the BSkyB Business News service in the UK, and Reuters Television.
Australia's Business Channel
Sky News Business provides comprehensive live coverage and analysis of the ASX and international markets, finance and economic news and personal investment trends.
- Sky News Business reaches close to 268,000 different people on average each week.
- 65% of Sky News Business viewers are the main grocery buyer in their home.
- 72% of viewers are male.
- 28% of Sky News Business viewers are people 40-54.
- 38% of Sky News Business viewers are people 55-69.
- Sky News Business viewers are 63% more likely to travel overseas in the next 12 months and 70% more likely to travel within Australia in the next 6 months 
The Sky News Business Studio is located within the Sky News Australia Centre at Foxtel Headquarters in Sydney.
Sky News Business also uses the resources of the Sky News network of bureaus and reporters across Australia and New Zealand.
* Major Bureaus
- Sydney, Sky News Australia Headquarters
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Auckland, New Zealand: Sky News New Zealand
* Minor Bureaus (within Australia)
- Sydney CBD Studio, New South Wales, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
* Foreign Bureaus
- London, United Kingdom: Through Sky News UK
- New York City, New York, United States: Through Fox News
- Hong Kong, China: Through Bloomberg
* Other Broadcast Locations
- Exchange Square, within the Headquarters of the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX Updates)
- Outside the Reserve Bank of Australia in Martin Place, Sydney (RatesLIVE)
Sky News Business has live camera links to Australia's major financial institutions. The channel features regular breaking news, commentary and analysis from leading Australian economists, fund managers, brokers and analysts at ANZ, NAB, Westpac and Commonwealth Bank.
- Monday Money
- First Business
- Trading Day
- Buy Hold Sell
- Lunch Money
- At The Close
- Market Day
- Market Moves
- Business Agenda
- The Perrett Report with Janine Perrett 
- Switzer with Peter Swizter 
- Your Money Your Call (Property) 
- Your Money Your Call (Shares) 
- Your Money Your Call (Bonds v Equities) 
- Business Night
- Business View
- Business Success
- Business Class
- Market Express
- On The Record with Carson Scott
- Read and Profit
- Rates Reaction
- Social Business
- The Week In Business
- Sunday Business
Sky News Business is owned and operated by Australian News Channel Pty Ltd, a joint venture between British Sky Broadcasting, Seven Media Group and Nine Entertainment Co.
Sky News Multiview
Sky News Business Viewers on the Foxtel platform can launch "Sky News Multiview" to access the suite of Sky News Channels in Australia.http://www.skynews.com.au/connect/about-sky-news.html
In November 2014, Sky News Australia was appointed as a provider for Qantas in-flight news bulletins replacing a longstanding contract with the Nine Network. Sky News Business provides Business News for the Qantas service.
Sky News Business enables viewers to download audio-only podcasts of certain programs. Viewers can currently download Business Night, Business View, Market Day, Perrett Report, Your Money Your Call and Property Empire.
- "The launch of the Sky News Business Channel". MediaWeek. 28 January 2008.
- Foxtel adds Business Channel