Sky News Business Channel
|Sky News Business Channel|
Sky News Business Channel Logo
|Launched||7 January 2008|
|Owned by||Australian News Channel Pty., Limited|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Sister channel(s)||Sky News Live
Sky News Weather Channel
It is owned by Australian News Channel Pty Ltd, which also owns news-focused sister channel Sky News Live.
Australian News Channel announced it was to launch Australia's first national business channel in 2008, at the onset of the Global Financial Crisis. It was officially launched on January 31, 2008 at the Australian Securities Exchange. Sky News Business would utilise and simulcast content from Fox Business Network in the United States. In turn, Fox Business Network would air coverage from Sky News Business in order to provide Australian financial news coverage to American audiences.
The channel would also utilise the resources of the BSkyB Business News service in the UK, and Reuters Television. At launch, it was claimed the channel will include 16 hours of locally produced content daily.
Sky News Business reaches close to 268,000 different people on average each week, with 72% of viewers being male, 28% of Sky News Business viewers are people 40-54 and 38% aged 55-69.
The Sky News Business studio is located within the Sky News centre at Foxtel's headquarters in the Sydney suburb of Macquarie Park. Sky News Business also uses the resources of the Sky News network of bureaus and reporters across Australia and New Zealand.
It is common for Sky News Business reporters to report from Exchange Square, within the Headquarters of the Australian Securities Exchange for ASX updates, as well as Outside the Reserve Bank of Australia in Martin Place, Sydney when news is expected from the Reserve Bank.
Third party crosses
Sky News Business has live camera links to Australia's major financial institutions. The channel features regular breaking news, commentary and analysis from leading Australian economists, fund managers, brokers and analysts at ANZ, NAB, Westpac and Commonwealth Bank.
Sky News Business also has live camera links to Commsec, Macquarie Bank, CMC Markets, OptionsXpress, Bell Direct, JP Morgan, OzForex, and other financial institutions in which it has commercial arrangements.
Sky News Business Channel consists of live rolling coverage of and analysis of the ASX and international markets, finance and economic news and personal investment trends throughout the day on weekdays, with replays of analysis or specialty programs after 9:30pm AEST weeknights and all weekend.
- Market Express
- On The Record with Carson Scott
- Read and Profit
- Rates Reaction
- Social Business
- The Week In Business
- Sunday Business
- James Daggar-Nickson — Business Editor
- Helen Dalley — Business Night
- Janine Perrett  — The Perrett Report
- Carson Scott — Chief Business Correspondent
- Peter Switzer  — Switzer
- Ahron Young, now with sister channel Sky News Live
- Sky News Live, sister channel of Sky News Business Channel and primary channel of Australian News Channel Pty Ltd.
- "The launch of the Sky News Business Channel". MediaWeek. 28 January 2008.
- "Foxtel Go - A New Way To Watch Foxtel on Mobile, PC And Tablet". Foxtel.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Knox, David. "Sky Business on the air". TV Tonight. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Foxtel adds Business Channel". Tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "AUSTRALIA’S FIRST 24-HOUR BUSINESS CHANNEL TO LAUNCH IN EARLY 2008". Foxtel.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Vision for Innovation Online: making your business relevant". Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce. November 25, 2014. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Sky News Business Channel". Mcn.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "The Perrett Report". Skynews.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Switzer". Skynews.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Your Money Your Call". Skynews.com.au. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Knox, David (April 24, 2015). "Bruce Jenner: The Interview live on SKY News Business". TV Tonight. Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- "Saxton - Helen Dalley". Saxton. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Janine Perrett(New South Wales)". Australia Day. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Carson Scott". The United States Study Centre. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Peter Switzer". Enhance Entertainment. Retrieved April 8, 2015.