From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Skyhooks)
"Skyhooks" redirects here. For the Australian band, see Skyhooks (band).
|Look up skyhook in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Skyhook or sky hook may refer to:
- Skyhooks (band), Australian band
- Skyhook (concept), explanation of design complexity in the universe that does not build on lower, simpler layers
- Hook shot, nicknamed Skyhook: basketball shot popularized by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Skyhook (boarding), binding used in skateboarding and related sports
- Skyhook (climbing), hook used in technical climbing
- Skyhook (skydiving), device for quickly extracting reserve parachutes
- Airco DH.6, nicknamed Skyhook; early (1916) ab-initio trainer aircraft
- Australian Autogyro Skyhook, A.K.A. the Minty Skyhook Mini Chopper
- Cessna CH-1, nicknamed Cessna Skyhook; helicopter produced in the early 1960s by the Cessna Aircraft company that was marketed to the civil sector
- Fulton surface-to-air recovery system, nicknamed Skyhook; retrieval method by which a flying aircraft picks up a payload
- Skyhook, a hook that clamps to the rungs of a non-extension type ladder which can then be "hooked" over the peak of a roof to use the ladder as a staircase on steep pitched roofs by a roofer
- Skyhook (cable), a supposed device used to lift an object on a long cable hanging from the sky
- Skyhook (structure), a space elevator concept
- Skyhook balloon, type of unmanned balloon used by the United States Navy in the late 1940s and in the 1950s for atmospheric research
- SkyHook JHL-40, experimental combination airship/helicopter in development by Boeing, primarily for low impact logging
- Skyhook theory, a theory used in some automobile suspensions
- Skyhook Wireless, is the technology company that invented hybrid location positioning.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.