The name Skyler or Skylar is a modern spelling of the surname or the male first name Schuyler, which is now often used as a first name in the United States. The surname Schuyler was originally introduced in America by 17th century Dutch settlers arriving in New York.  It became a given name in honor of prominent members of the New York family, such as Philip Schuyler, and so became the given name of Schuyler Colfax, the 17th Vice President of the United States.
The spelling Skylar was the 479th most common name for boys born in the United States in 2007 and the 171st most common name for girls born there in 2007. The spelling Skyler was the 271st most common name for boys born in the United States in 2007 and the 374th most popular name for girls. The spelling Schuyler last ranked among the top 1,000 names for boys in the United States in 1994, when it was at 974th place on the charts.
- Skylar Astin (born 1987) American actor
- Skyler Gisondo (born 1996), American actor
- Skyler Green (born 1984), American football player for the Dallas Cowboys
- Skylar Grey, multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, and record producer
- Skyler Samuels, American actress
- Skyler White (writer), American writer of fantasy, science fiction, and romance novels
- Skyler Dayton, fictional character from the TV series Stacked
- Skyler White (Breaking Bad), a fictional character from the TV series Breaking Bad
- Edward Skyler (born 1973), former Deputy Mayor for Operations for New York City
- Tristine Skyler, American playwright, screenwriter, and producer
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|