|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
|Products||Internet service provider|
Number of employees
Skyriver Communications is a broadband internet access provider headquartered in San Diego, California. Skyriver supplies wireless last mile connectivity for small businesses and enterprise customers. Skyriver offers services in Southern California with coverage in San Diego, Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Palm Springs and Pasadena.
Skyriver was founded in September 2000. In March 2003 Skyriver formed the SkyWeb Alliance with two other regional providers in California. Skyriver acquired California based internet service provider Terracom Network Services (TNS), closing the deal in March 2004. In 2005 Skyriver acquired San Diego based IT outsourcing provider Integrate IT, Inc. In 2007 Skyriver completed its backhaul upgrade in anticipation of its planned WiMAX rollout. In 2007 Skyriver added Orange County, California to its fixed wireless service area. Wireless broadband rates of 3 Mbit/s to 200 Mbit/s were marketed in Anaheim, La Habra, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Brea and Orange. In 2008 Skyriver acquired the assets of Nethere, Inc.
In Southern California Skyriver offers scalable Ethernet broadband ranging from 1 Mbit/s to 200 Mbit/s. Skyriver serves businesses and is not a provider of residential services.
Skyriver uses fixed wireless technology between mountain top and building top base stations to create a core network with a ring architecture that incorporates several major data centers for Tier 1 peering to the Internet. For the core network, Skyriver utilizes FCC licensed spectrum including 11 and 18 GHz. Skyriver extends service from their core network to their customers via fixed wireless over unlicensed spectrum in the ISM band including 5.3 GHz, 5.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz for service ranging from 1 Mbit/s to 20 Mbit/s and utilizes FCC licensed spectrum for service ranging from 30 Mbit/s to 200 Mbit/s.
Skyriver does not lease or utilize any of the network architecture from major telecommunication providers.
- "Skyriver Communications". Company web site. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- Gerry Blackwell (March 25, 2003). "The SkyWeb Alliance". Wi-Fi Planet. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "SkyWeb Alliance". web site. Archived from the original on March 20, 2003. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "Web Hosting Company Skyriver Communications Completes Acquisition of TNS". The Hosting News. March 31, 2004. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "Skyriver Communications Completes Major Upgrade of Backbone Network Infrastructure". News release. June 6, 2007. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- "Skyriver Communications Completes Acquisition of Fixed Wireless Assets of Nethere, Inc". News release. April 21, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- Wimax Forum[dead link]
- Google Finance
- Skyriver and the Southern California Wildfires 2007
- Skyriver homepage
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|