|Original author(s)||Ryan Thoryk|
|Initial release||December 27, 2002|
|Stable release||2.0 Alpha 8 (OGRE) / February 28, 2013|
|Preview release||"June 7, 2014 (Alpha 1.9/2.0 Alpha 9) build" (OGRE) / June 7, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows 2000 or later
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
|Platform||Cross-platform (primarily x86 and x86-64)|
|License||GNU General Public License (Version 2)|
Skyscraper Simulator (formerly Skyscraper Project), also known as Skyscraper Sim, Skyscrapersim, Skyscraper 3D, or simply Skyscraper is a free and open-source 3D building simulator created by Ryan Thoryk, currently utilizing the OGRE graphics rendering engine, and formerly using Crystal Space.
Skyscraper was originally developed in Microsoft Visual Basic using the TrueVision3D graphics engine, and simulated a single building (an early design of the Triton Center, the program's flagship building). The first release of Skyscraper was released on December 27, 2002. A 1.0 stable release was released in mid-2004, followed by a gradual complete redesign and rewrite in C++ using the Crystal Space simulation engine with wxWidgets for the graphical user interfaces (GUIs) control panel. The first release of the rewritten simulator (version 1.1, released as 2.0 Alpha 1) was released on January 6, 2009. Skyscraper's latest stable release, version 1.8 (released as "2.0 Alpha 8") was released on February 28, 2013, and is the first stable release to use the OGRE graphics engine. The last version to use the Crystal Space engine was the September 19, 2012 build.
- Users can manually hand-design buildings, or use a tool called "Beno Building Creator" made by Beno to make them.
- Fully functioning elevators
- Some types of elevators are not supported, such as destination dispatch elevators.
- Escalators, using fan-made scripts, most notably "Escalator2012"
- The program only supports "turned-off"/immobile escalators that you can use as stairs. Moving escalators are not yet supported.
- Moving walkways, using fan-made scripts, most notably "GooperWalk2012"
- As with escalators, moving walks do not work yet, and are simply immobile floor textures with walls
- GPL Record in SVN at March 3, 2011
- The Skyscraper Project (Ex-Official website)
- Read Me Record in the SVN at April 12, 2011
- Read Me Record in the SVN at June 12, 2006
- The Skyscraper Simulator Forum: Skyscraper 2.0 Alpha 8 released
- The Skyscraper Simulator Forum: September 13 2012 build
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skyscraper (software).|
- Official website
- Video Tutorial part 1 on YouTube
- Skyscraper (software) on SourceForge.net