The firm has completed a diverse range of domestic and international projects. Their work has been exhibited and published widely. The Architectural League of New York selected Slade Architecture for the 2010 Emerging Voices Lecture Series held in the New Museum. Slade Architecture has been selected by the New York City Department of Design & Construction to participate in their Excellence in Design and Construction Program in 2004, 2006, and 2009 (every time the selection has been made, since the programs inception).
Among Slade Architecture’s awards are a national AIA Small Projects Award, multiple AIA NY Merit Awards, multiple Best of Year awards from Interior Design Magazine, Association of Retail Environments Store of the Year Award, Chain Store Age Best in Show Award, Fast Company Masters of Design issue, Contract Magazine Best of the Year Award in Retail and Businessweek/Architectural Record Design Excellence Award.
Slade's work has been shown at the Venice Biennale and the Museum of Modern Art in New York. The firm's work has been published in Architectural Record Metropolis Magazine and Interior Design Magazine. Slade has completed Architectural and Interior Design projects and installations in the US, China and South Korea.
Hayes Slade, AIA
Hayes Slade brings a non-traditional background to her design work. She has a Bachelor of Science in Civil and Structural Engineering and a Master of Engineering from Cornell University as well as a Master of Business Administration degree from the Wharton School of Business. In 2010, Hayes was selected by the Architectural League of New York for their Emerging Voices program. Hayes is a licensed architect in New York. In addition to the work at her practise, Hayes is teaching a Visiting Critic Studio at the Syracuse University School of Architecture for graduate and undergraduate architecture students.
Hayes’ design sensibility and approach is informed by her experiences living and working in London and Rome as well as her time with other related endeavors: structural engineering, web-design/branding, jewelry design and strategy consulting.
Hayes is also a mother of four.
James Slade, AIA, LEED AP
James Slade has a Bachelor of Arts from Cornell University and a Masters of Architecture from Columbia University where he was awarded an Honor Award for Excellence in Design upon graduation. In addition to his work at Slade Architecture, James currently teaches a graduate level design studio at Parsons School of Design and has taught at Barnard/Columbia University, Pratt Institute, Syracuse University, Parsons School of Design, Florida International University and Philadelphia University. Prior to co-founding Slade Architecture with Hayes Slade, James co-founded Cho Slade Architecture with Minsuk Cho in 1998. James received the Architectural League of New York Young Architect's Award in 2000. He also received the Progressive Architecture Award Citation in 1999. before starting his own firms James worked as an architect at Gluckman Mayner Architects, Polshek Partnership, Rick Mather Architects and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, JFK Airport, Queens, NY (2012)
- Flight club store, New York, NY (2010)
- W hotel lounge for fashion week 2010 New York, NY
- Barbie Shanghai Flagship Store Shanghai, China (2008)
- Kenig Residence NYC, NY (2008)
- Avalon Bowery Place New York, NY (2008)
- Montessori Progressive Learning Center Queens, NY (2005)
- Lever House Office Renovation (2004)
- Aperture Foundation New York, NY (2004)
- Monitor hyperlink tower Milan, Italy (2004)
- Miami Residence Miami, Florida (2003)
- Nam June Paik Museum Competition Entry Kyonggi, South Korea (2002)
- Dalki Theme Park and Shop Heyri, South Korea (2000)
- PS1 Warm Up Entry
- Staten Island Zoo, Staten Island, NY
- Ordos 100 Mongolia, China
Lectures and exhibitions
- Syracuse University, "FOR_PLAY" Exhibition, School of Architecture (2012) 
- Architectural League of New York, Emerging Voices, Lecture Series (2010)
- University of Puerto Rico, School of Architecture (2009)
- 13:100 13 New York Architects Design for Ordos lecture and exhibition, Architecture League (2008)
- Deutsch Architecture Museum, Young Americans New Architecture in the USA (2007)
- Pecha Kucha New York Presenter (2007)
- A New Pleasure, AIA San Francisco, exhibition (2006)
- OPEN: New Designs for Public Space, exhibition, National Building Museum, Washington D.C. (2005)
- Barnard College Exhibition (2004)
- Venice Biennale International Architecture Exhibition, Venice, Italy (2004)
- Columbia University, Emerging Architect Visiting Professor (2004)
- 2012 American Institute of Architects Interiors, Winner
- 2010 American Institute of Architects NY Small Project Awards, Winner, Award of Merit
- Interior Design 2008, 2009, 2011 Best of the Year, Winner
- Interior Design 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 Award of Merit
- Association for Retail Environments 2010, Winner for Store of the Year
- Emerging Voices, Architectural League of New York (2010)
- Retail Design Institute 2009 Store Design Awards- Winner for Innovative Concept
- The Retail Interior Awards 2009- Winner, Best International Retail Interior
- Chain Store Age, Winner for store of the year,Attraction Retailing and Cashwrap Fitting Room
- Contract magazine Interior Awards, Winner
- Fast Company 2009 Master of design Issue
- Event Design Awards, Gold Award- Best Retail Environment
- Architectural Record Business Week, 2009 Awards of Excellence
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) New York Design Award 2004 and 2006
- http://www.archimagazine.com/amorph.htm (in Italian)