|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, U.S.
Offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hartford, Houston, London (UK), Minneapolis, New York, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Southern California
|John Tobin, Co-founder, President of North America
Brad Jackson, CEO
Tom Chew, National General Manager
Troy Johnson, General Manager, New Markets
Number of employees
Slalom Consulting is an American business and technology consulting firm headquartered in Seattle. The company, which is a division of Slalom, LLC, employs over 3,000 people across 16 offices in North America and London. In 2013 it had net revenue of $480 million. Slalom is consistently named a best company to work for by numerous sources such as Forbes Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Glassdoor, and various business journals and news publications across the U.S. and was recognized by the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index with a perfect score of 100 in 2015.
The company that is incorporated today as Slalom, LLC was formed in Denver, CO, as Accounting Quest, LLC in 1993. It began as a team that helped place permanent and temporary accounting and finance professionals to clients in the Denver area. In 1995, the company opened its Seattle office, and focused on permanent placements and contract resources. The name was then changed to Two Degrees, LLC.
- 1994 - Two Degrees LLC founded in Denver Colorado
- 2001 - Two Degrees Consulting (Management Consulting) division created
- 2003 - Technology Solutions group created
- 2003 - Accounting and Financial Advisory Services (Sarbanes-Oxley) created
- 2004 - IT Risk and Control group created
- 2006 - (January) Consulting groups merged into one organization
- 2007 - (May 1) Two Degrees Consulting re-branded to Slalom Consulting
- 2010 - (September 5) Two Degrees, LLC changed its name to Slalom, LLC
- 2011 - Opened offices in New York and Hartford
- 2012 - Opened office in Boston. mLevel, the creator of the mLevel casual learning platform, is formed as a division of Slalom, LLC
- 2013 - Opened offices in Minneapolis, Houston, and Phoenix
- 2014 - Opened offices in Silicon Valley and London.
- "Slalom Consulting 2013 Annual Report". http://slalom-consulting.squarespace.com/#our-markets. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "The 2013 Best Firms to Work For". www.consultingmag.com. Consulting Magazine. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Best Places to Work". Glassdoor. 12 December 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "The Best Companies To Work For In 2013". Forbes. 12 December 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2015 Employees Choice". Glassdoor. Glassdoor. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Consulting Magazine, Best Consulting Firms to Work For, 2014". Consulting Magazine. Consulting Magazine. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index". Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index. Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- University of Washington (2005-08-05). "John Tobin, Two Degrees Consulting". Information Technology Leaders Video Library. Research Channel. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- "Slalom Consulting". Vault.com. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Top Small Employer: Slalom Consulting's Best Advice? Stay Close To Home". http://www.courant.com/business/top-workplaces/hc-tw14-slalom-consulting-20140918-story.html. Hartford Courant. Retrieved 22 October 2014.