From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up slant in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Slant can refer to:
- Bias or other non-objectivity in journalism, politics, academia or other fields
- Slant height, is the distance from any point on the circle to the apex of a right circular cone
- A growth medium such as agar set in an inclined glass tube for growing microbiological cultures.
- Slant range, in telecommunications, the line-of-sight distance between two points which are not at the same level
- Slant drilling (or Directional drilling), the practice of drilling non-vertical wells
- Slant Four, a type of car engine
- Triumph Slant-4 engine, an engine developed by Triumph
- Chrysler Slant-6 engine, an engine developed by Chrysler
- Slant (route), an American football play pattern.
- Slant (handwriting), an attribute of Western handwriting
- Slant (journal), a Catholic journal
- The Slant, a student humor magazine at Vanderbilt University
- / (or Slant), a book by science fiction writer Greg Bear
- Slant Six Games, a video game developer founded in 2005
- Slant Magazine, a film, TV, and music review website
- Slant (fanzine), a fanzine by Walt Willis, winner of the 1954 Retrospective Hugo Award for Best Fanzine
- Slant 6, an all-female punk rock trio based in Washington, D.C.
- The Slants, an Asian dance/ rock group from Portland, Oregon
- A racial slur for people of Asian descent, in reference to the shape of their eyes.
- Piccadilly Slant-Abraham's Cove, a designated place in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.