Slav de Hren
Slav de Hren is a Bulgarian musical duo, formed in 2005, whose work combines jazz, rock and classical music. The members are George Marinov, an underground avant-garde guitar player, and Svetoslav Bitrakov, an experienced soft jazz and rock drummer. They have released two albums.
Svetoslav Bitrakov played the drums for 5 different bands in the period between 1981 and 1991. Those bands were: “Canon”, “Dilemma”, “New Generation”, “Slaviani” and “Accent”. Lubomir Velev joined Svetoslav Bitrakov in 1991 to form the group “Slav”, which released 6 albums. During the same period he produced two more solo albums named "Slavi Bitrakov" in 1993 and "Seconds" in 1996. From 2003 to 2006 he wrote a book of short stories named "Magician's Top Hat, Unusual Small Stories".
George Marinov, together with Dimitar Voev and Pencho Popov, formed the band "Wozzeck and Chugra" in 1985. The band released 7 albums. The last one was in 1992 named "Bergologia".
The two musicians combined in 2005 in order to "... explore a more experimental, more moody, more various type of music".
- "Tavata" 2006 (published by EPAY LTD, Sofia)
- "Pictures at an Exhibition" 2008 (published by ePay Rocks)
- Slav de Hren (official site)
- New Generation (official site)
- Wozzeck and Chugra (official site)
- Bulgarian National Radio, Slav de Hren music presentation
- NOVINAR Newspaper, Slav de Hren's "Tavata" album and "Magician's Top Hat" book release intro
- Avtora.com, live presentation of Slav de Hren's "Tavata"
- DNES.bg, introduction to Slav de Hren's music
- MP3.bg, Slav de Hren, short history