25 May 1958
Rijeka, Croatia (then Yugoslavia)
(m. 1985–2009, divorced)
The young Slavica worked as an international fashion model, modelling for a number of leading clients, including designer Armani. While working on a Formula One promotional event for Armani at the 1982 Italian Grand Prix in Monza, she met Bernie Ecclestone.
Bernie pursued Slavica doggedly, undaunted by their 28-year age difference, the language barrier (she spoke Croatian and Italian, he spoke only English), and their difference in height. At 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m), Slavica was nearly a foot taller than her suitor, Ecclestone being only 5 ft 2½ in (1.59 m) tall.
Slavica was patron of the non-partisan British-Croatian Society in London.
- "Slavica Ecclestone Net Worth". Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Marko Ćustić (11 September 2003). "Goran Milić trying to extort money from Bernie Ecclestone". Nacional (weekly). Archived from the original on 25 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Goran Milić ucjenjuje Bernieja Ecclestonea" [Goran Milić blackmails Bernie Ecclestone]. Nacional (in Croatian) (408). 11 September 2003. Archived from the original on 3 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Edworthy, Sarah (27 October 2006). "My Sport: Tamara Ecclestone". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- Lovell (2004) p.345
- "Bernie Ecclestone divorce confirmed". crash.net. 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone's Divorce Finalized Yahoo Sports, March 11, 2009
- "Best way to get rich quick? Get divorced: How ex-wives to the super-wealthy have made their way into the rich list". Daily Mail (London).