|Birth name||Paul Nakad|
|Also known as||Sleek the Elite|
|Born||21 October 1975|
|Occupation(s)||Actor, rapper, technician|
|Years active||1991–present (as a rapper), 1998–present (as an actor)|
Paul Nakad (born 21 October 1975) is an Australian actor and rapper, best known by the name Sleek the Elite. He began performing music as Sleek the Elite in 1991, then appeared in the SBS television series Pizza as a character by that same name. He appeared on the first two seasons of Pizza from 2000 to 2001, and in the show's two spinoff films, Fat Pizza (2003) and Fat Pizza vs. Housos (2014).
While working as a technician, Nakad spent his spare time writing music and constantly gigging in small clubs, on community radio and steadily building his form as a unique Lebanese Australian hip-hop voice.
This street-cred and his poetic turn of phrase, freestyle technique, and audience support culminated in 1997 when he recorded his first album Sleekism. DJ Soup provided Nakad's unique sample-laden music with groovy, funky, hard hitting beats as well as production.
In 2000, Madcap Records reissued Sleekism with altered artwork but with no content alterations.
In 2007, rumours of a new album surfaced via his MySpace page.
Sleek The Elite is currently working on a new album, which will be produced by Faz, and will be released on the Disturbia Music Group Label.
In 1998, Nakad landed his first acting role in Paul Fenech's short film Basic Equipment, and then later Fenech's feature film, Somewhere in the Darkness. Nakad and Fenech adapted the Sleek the Elite persona to Fenech's comedy series Pizza in 2000 and 2001.
In 2003, Nakad appeared in the feature film Fat Pizza.
After the release of the movie version of the Pizza series, Nakad left the Pizza team to focus on his rap career, releasing Hard for a Rapper in 2004. Nakad also teamed up with comedian and actor Nick Giannopoulos, appearing in Wog Story. While the show was running in Melbourne, Paul Nakad shared a dressing room with Anh Do. Do was working on the script of the film Footy Legends, and created the role of Walid especially for Nakad.
After many years of obscurity, Nakad played the role of Sleek the Elite once again in the 2014 motion picture Fat Pizza vs. Housos.
- Sleekism (1997) – Sleekism Records
- Sleekism (2000) – reissue from Madcap Records
- Sleek the Elite EP (2003) – Badfly Records
- Hard for a Rapper (2004) – Badfly Records
- Home Brewz Volume 2, various artists (1997) – "Microphone Bangin'"
- Basic Equipment, various artists (1998) – "Revelations"
- Fat Pizza vs. Housos (2014), as Sleek the Elite
- Fat Pizza (2003), as Sleek the Elite
- Footy Legends (2006), as Walid
- Pizza (2000, 2001), as Sleek the Elite
- Paul Fenech (director) (10 April 2003). Fat Pizza (Motion Picture). Sydney, New South Wales, Australia: SBS Independent.
- ""Fat Pizza Vs Housos"". Hoyts. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Artist Profile/Bio.". Madcap Records. 2000. Retrieved 17 May 2007.
- Mitchell, Tony. "The Middle Ground: Lebanese-Australian hip hop". taketherudder.com. Retrieved 21 July 2008.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/137411742937907/permalink/801166856562389/. Retrieved 9 June 2014. Missing or empty
- "Guest Programmers and Specials". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 12 July 2003. Retrieved 17 May 2007.
- "Sleek The Elite". Australian Music Online. 30 June 2003. Archived from the original (INTERVIEW) on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2007.