Sleeping with Sirens
|Sleeping with Sirens|
|Origin||Orlando, Florida, USA|
|Associated acts||Pierce The Veil, For All We Know, Broadway, We Are Defiance, Memphis May Fire|
|Past members||Brandon McMaster
Sleeping with Sirens is an American post-hardcore band from Orlando, Florida currently residing in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The band was formed in 2009 by members of For All We Know, Broadway, and Paddock Park. They are currently signed to Rise Records and have released three full-length albums and an acoustic EP. The group is known primarily for the versatility of vocalist Kellin Quinn's tenor leggiero vocal range.
- 1 Background
- 2 Band members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Videography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Formation and With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear (2009–2010)
Let's Cheers to This and If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack (2011–2012)
On April 7, 2011, the band released the first single off their new album "Do It Now Remember It Later". Later in the month on April 28, the next single "Fire" was released. The bands second album Let's Cheers to This was released on May 10, 2011. On June 26, 2012 the band released their first Acoustic EP, "If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack" On October 21, 2012, Sleeping With Sirens released a new single called "Dead Walker Texas Ranger" as a halloween special. 
Feel and Departure of Jesse Lawson (2013–present)
In January 2013, the band entered the studio to record their follow up to Let's Cheers to This with an estimated release date of mid-2013. On April 23, 2013, the band released a new single called "Low" and revealed the new album's title as Feel and release date as June 4, 2013. In support of the new album, the band will be playing Kia main stage at the Vans Warped Tour 2013. On May 21, the band released the second single from Feel, "Alone" Featuring Machine Gun Kelly.
On August 4, the band announced that they will be headlining their tour, The Feel This Tour, in support of their album Feel. Memphis May Fire, Breathe Carolina, Issues, and Our Last Night will be supporting the tour on selected dates.
On October 16 2013, guitarist Jesse Lawson announced his departure from the band, citing his desire to spend more time with his family and start a new musical venture. After Lawson's amicable departure the band tapped Nick Martin (formerly of D.R.U.G.S. and Underminded) to fill in on guitar on the bands upcoming UK/EU Feel tour.
- Current members
- Kellin Quinn – lead vocals (2009–present)
- Justin Hills – bass guitar (2009–present)
- Gabe Barham – drums (2009–present)
- Jack Fowler – lead guitar (2011–present)
- Nick Martin - rhythm guitar (touring 2013-present)
- Former members
- Brian Calzini – lead vocals (2009)
- Dave Aguliar – rhythm guitar (2009)
- Paul Russell – bass (2009)
- Alex Kaladjian – drums (2009)
- Brandon McMasters – lead guitar (2009–2010)
- Nick Trombino – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2009–2010)
- Jesse Lawson – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2010–2013)
- Studio albums
|US 200||US Indie||US Hard Rock||US Heat|
|2010||With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear||Rise||—||36||—||7|
|2011||Let's Cheers to This||78||13||5||—|
|"—" denotes a release that did not chart.|
|2010||"You Kill Me (In a Good Way)"||With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear|
|"If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn"|
|"With Ears to See, and Eyes to Hear"|
|2011||"Do It Now Remember It Later"||Let's Cheers to This|
|"If You Can't Hang"|
|"A Trophy Father's Trophy Son"|
|2012||"Stomach Tied In Knots"||If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack|
|"Dead Walker Texas Ranger"||Non-album single|
|"Alone (feat. MGK)"|
|"Congratulations (feat. Matty Mullins)"|
- If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack (Rise, 2012) (No. 17 Billboard 200)
- Demo (self-released, 2009)
- Punk Goes Pop 4 with "Fuck You" (Cee Lo Green cover)
- Warped Tour 2012 "Tally It Up, Settle the Score"
- Warped Tour 2013 "Do It Now, Remember It Later"
List of guest appearances
- Kellin Quinn (2010) – "The Amazing Atom" (At the Skylines)
- Kellin Quinn and Jesse Lawson (2010) – "There's a Situation @ the Shore" (Lakeland)
- Kellin Quinn (2010) – "In the Face of Death" (The Last Word)
- Kellin Quinn (2011) – "Airplanes Pt. 2" (We Are Defiance feat. Tom Denney formerly of A Day to Remember)
- Kellin Quinn (2011) – "The Dying Hymn" (The Color Morale, as composer) 
- Kellin Quinn (2011) – "Bring On the Empty Horses" (Call Us Forgotten)
- Kellin Quinn (2011) – "Once Upon a Time In Mexico" (Demo Version) (Cascades)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "WeFightFail" (Aerolyn)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "Miles Away" (Memphis May Fire)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "Closer to Becoming a Killer" (She Can't Breathe)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "King for a Day" (Pierce the Veil)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "The Surface Beneath" (Avera)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "Building Coral Castle" (The Words We Use) 
- Kellin Quinn (2013) – "Swing Life Away" (Machine Gun Kelly)
- Kellin Quinn and Jesse Lawson (2013) – "Swing Life Away (acoustic)" (Machine Gun Kelly)
- Kellin Quinn (2012) – "Miles Away (acoustic)" (Memphis May Fire)
|2009||"If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn"||Caleb Mallery|
|2010||"With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear"||Sam Link|
|2011||"If You Can't Hang"||Thunder Down Country|
|2012||"Do It Now Remember It Later"||Izzy Campos|
|2012||"Roger Rabbit"||Drew Russ|
|2013||"Alone (feat. MGK)"||N/A|
|2013||"Congratulations (feat. Matty Mullins)"||N/A|
- "Rise Records Bands". Rise Records. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "With Ears to See, and Eyes to Hear - Sleeping With Sirens - Billboard.com". Billboard. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- DiVincenzo, Alex (7 April 2011). "New Sleeping With Sirens Song". AbsolutePunk. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Sleeping With Sirens Reveal New Halloween Single
- Ableson, Jon (2009-08-20). "Sleeping With Sirens To Record New Album In January". Alter The Press!. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "Twitter / Kellinquinn: The world isn't ready for this". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Sleeping WIth Sirens (22 April 2013). "Sleeping With Sirens New Single 'Low'". Sleeping With Sirens. (Rise Records). Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- Kraus, Brian (16 October 2013). "Sleeping With Sirens part ways with guitarist Jesse Lawson". Alternative Press. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- http://mindequalsblown.net: Interview: We Are Defiance
- "iTunes - Music - Morals - EP by The Words We Use". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-06-11. Retrieved 2013-04-26.