Sleepy Man Banjo Boys
|Sleepy Man Banjo Boys|
|Origin||Lebanon Township, New Jersey, United States|
Sleepy Man Banjo Boys is a bluegrass music trio from Lebanon Township, New Jersey, United States. It is composed of the Mizzone brothers: Jonny (born ca. 2003, banjo), Robbie (born ca. 2000, fiddle and vocals) and Tommy (born ca. 1998, guitar and background vocals). The trio's debut album America's Music, was released in October 2011. Their second CD, The Farthest Horizon, was released in October 2012. Ashley Lilly, 13 year old granddaughter of the bluegrass legend Everett Lilly, sings on two songs of the latter album. In February 2014, they released the single Run, their first song, who one of them, Robbie, sings. Their third album "By My Side" was released in June 2014 with one instrumental song and five vocal songs.
On June 28, 2011, the trio appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman and twice on Huckabee talk show. They have played at several bluegrass festivals, including one with J. D. Crowe and the New South, and benefits. A YouTube video of the three brothers practicing Earl Scruggs's "Flint Hill Special" has been viewed more than 6 million times. The Sleepy Man Banjo Boys made their Grand Ole Opry debut on August 20, 2011. They have also performed at TED conferences in 2012 and 2013. 
|Title||Album details||Peak chart
|US Grass||US Heat|
|The Farthest Horizon||
|By My Side||
|"—" denotes the album failed to chart|
- Sleepy Man Banjo Boys Official website
- Sleepy Man Banjo Boys Facebook page
- Sleepy Man Banjo Boys YouTube page
- Nutt, Bill (July 1, 2011). ""Bluegrass music fest funds to benefit people of Appalachia"". Daily Record, Morristown, New Jersey. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- Sleepy Man Banjo Boys website Accessed 2011-08-12]
- Facebook info page Sleepy Man Banjo Boys. Accessed 2011-07-28.
- Sleepy Man Banjo Boys on David Letterman's show, June 28, 2011. at thebluegrassblog.com. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Lobello, Carmel. Little Kid from Jersey Shreds the Banjo deathandtaxesmag.com. May 10, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Sleepy Man Banjo Boys IllinoisReview.typepad.com. July 23, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Johnson, Bailey. Banjo jamboree: 8-year-old plays "Flint Hill Special" CBS News, May 10, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Marini, Matteo. Johnny e i banjo boys conquistano gli USA La Repubblica.it, 8 Agosto 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- Eight-year-old boy shreds banjo ninemsn.com.au. May 11, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- Bluegrass Music Industry News, July 2011: Artists & Composers IBMA.org. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- YouTube video the Mizzone brothers play "Flint Hill Special". Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- Grand Ole Opry blog August 20, 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-23.