From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up slip in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Slip, SLIP, or slippery may refer to:
In science and technology
- Slip (ceramics), an aqueous suspension of minerals, and frequently deflocculant.
- Slip (telecommunication), a positional displacement in a sequence of transmitted symbols
- Slip, the difference in speed between the frequency supplied to an induction motor and rotor shaft speed
- Slip, a type of rail switch
- Slip gauges, in mechanical engineering, precision-ground and lapped measuring-standards
- Slip joint, a mechanical construction allowing extension and compression in a linear structure
- Slipway, a ramp on the shore by which ships or boats can be moved to and from the water
- Slip (anatomy), a branching of a muscle
Relating to movement of physical matter
- Slip (aerodynamic), an aerodynamic state in which an aircraft is moving sideways as well as forward relative to the oncoming airflow
- Slip (materials science), the process by which a dislocation motion produces plastic deformation
- Slip (vehicle dynamics), shortened form of tire slip, referring to the angle of a plane perpendicular to the axis of the tire and a line representing the position of the treads of the patch in contact with the road. If the vehicle is moving, this generates a cornering force.
- Strike-slip fault, a geological fault that does not cause elevation or depression of either side of the fault
- No-slip condition, in fluid dynamics, the assumption that a fluid has zero velocity where it is in contact with a solid boundary
- Serial Line Internet Protocol, a mostly obsolete encapsulation of the Internet Protocol
- SLIP programming language, (Symmetric LIst Processing language)
- Slip (treatment), in psychology, a temporary return to a negative behavior after therapy intended to correct that behavior
- Freudian slip or parapraxis, an error in speech, memory, or physical action that arises from the unconscious mind
- The Slip (band), a rock band
- Slip (album), a 1993 album by the band Quicksand
- The Slip (album) (2008), a.k.a. Halo 27, the seventh studio album by Nine Inch Nails
- "Slip (song)", a 2013 song by Stooshe
- "Slip", a song by Linkin Park from LP Underground 11
- Slip (cricket), a fielding position in cricket
- Slip (clothing), a woman's underdress or underskirt
- Slip (fish), also known as Black Sole
- Slip (horticulture), a small cutting of a plant as a specimen or for grafting
- Slip (needlework), an embroidered or appliqued image of a plant-cutting
- Packing slip, a shipping document that accompanies delivery packages
- Ferry slip, a specialized docking facility that receives a ferryboat
- All pages with titles containing "Slip"
- All pages with titles containing "Slippery"
- Slippage (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.