Sloan–Hendrix High School
|Sloan–Hendrix High School|
|1 Greyhound Circle
Imboden, Arkansas, United States
|Motto||Preserving Yesterday, Excelling Today, Preparing for Tomorrow|
|School district||Sloan-Hendrix School District|
|NCES District ID||05124800|
|NCES School ID||05148001007|
|Faculty||20.20 (on FTE basis)|
|Color(s)||Gold and Black|
|Athletics||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Track & Field|
|Athletics conference||2A 3 (2012-14)|
Sloan–Hendrix High School is a secondary school in Imboden, Arkansas, United States. The school is the only secondary school serving grades 8 through 12 in the Sloan-Hendrix School District. In 2012, Sloan–Hendrix was nationally recognized with the Silver Award in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools ranking report as the No. 10 school in the state and No. 1,537 of 2,008 in the nation.
The assumed course of study is the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). Students complete regular (core and career focus) courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement coursework and exams that provide an opportunity to receive college credit prior to high school graduation. The school is accredited by the ADE and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1991.
The Sloan–Hendrix High School mascot is the greyhound with gold and black serving as its school colors. For 2012-14, the Sloan-Hendrix Greyhounds compete in the 2A 2 Conference under the administration of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA). Interscholastic activities include baseball, cheer, cross country (boys/girls), golf (boys/girls), softball, and track (boys/girls).
In addition to interscholastic sports, students engage in various social and community service clubs including Art Club, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Future Farmers of America (FFA), Fire Marshalls, Future Educators Association (FEA), GLAD, Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Quiz Bowl, and Student Council.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Sloan-hendrix School DIST.". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Sloan-hendrix High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "2012 Best High Schools". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "School Profile, Sloan–Hendrix High School". AdvancED. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "School Profile, Sloan-Hendrix High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved September 13, 2012.