From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up slot in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Slot may refer to:
- A narrow opening through which an object can pass, for example in a:
- Slot, a space for a container on a ship, usually expressed as a 20 ft (6.1 m) or 40 ft (12 m) slot
- Slot (car racing), a slot in the track on which slot cars race in and are guided by
- Slot (ice hockey), the area on the hockey rink directly ahead of the goaltender between the faceoff circles on each side
- Orbital slot, allotted position for a satellite in a "crowded" orbit
- Groove (engineering), a feature cut into a hard material to provide a location for another component
- Slot (computer architecture), the operation issue and data path machinery associated with a single execute pipeline in a CPU
- Edge connector socket ("slot"), any type of female electrical connector for use with printed circuit boards having matching edge connectors
- Slot 1, the physical and electrical specification for the connector used by some of Intel's microprocessors
- Slot 2, the physical and electrical specification for the connector used by some of Intel's microprocessors
- Slot A, the physical and electrical specification for the edge-connector used by early versions of AMD's Athlon processor
- Expansion slot, for expansion cards
- Leading edge slot, an aerodynamic device used on fixed wing aircraft
- Slot antenna, a directional antenna consisting of a slot in a piece of metal
- Kensington Security Slot, small hole found on almost all recent small or portable computer and electronics equipment used for attaching a lock
- Dance slot, an imaginary narrow rectangle along which a follower moves back and forth with respect to the leader
- Landing slot, right allocated to an airline by an airport or government agency to schedule a landing or departure at a specific time
- Slot, the Danish and Dutch word for castle or fortified place, and can refer to several places, e.g.
- Dutch surname
- "The Slot", a name for New Georgia Sound, used by the Tokyo Express to supply the Japanese garrison on Guadalcanal in World War II
- SLOT as abbreviation in automobile technology means "Self-Load/Offload Trailer" Slot acronym
- Slot (band), a Russian alternative/nu metal band
- Slots, common Internet-slang for the popular Warcraft III video game modification, Defense of the Ancients
- Slot canyon, a type of narrow canyon formed by the wear of water rushing through sandstone
- Slot time, the time it takes for an electronic pulse to travel the length between two nodes
- Abbreviation of St. Laurence O'Toole Pipe Band
- All pages beginning with "Slot"
- All pages with titles containing "Slot"
- Hole (disambiguation)
- Slat (disambiguation)
- Slit (disambiguation)
- Slut (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.