From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up slough in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Slough is a town in Berkshire, England.
Slough may also refer to:
- Slough (hydrology), a muddy or marshy area, or a swamp or shallow lake system
Biology and medicine
- Sloughing, shedding or casting off dead tissue
- Skin sloughing, process of shedding dead surface cells from the skin
- Slough (moulting), in animals, to shed the skin or shell
- Slough sedge, the grass-like plant Carex obnupta
- Slough, a state of depression (mood)
- Eschar, a slough or piece of dead tissue
- "Slough" (poem), by Sir John Betjeman about the town of Slough
- Slough of Despond, fictional bog originally featured in A Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
- Alan Slough (born 1947), footballer who played for Luton Town and Fulham
- John P. Slough (1829–1867), American politician and general
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Slough.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.