Sloulin Field International Airport
|Sloulin Field International Airport|
|IATA: ISN – ICAO: KISN – FAA LID: ISN|
|Owner||City of Williston|
|Serves||Williston, North Dakota|
|Elevation AMSL||1,982 ft / 604 m|
Sloulin Field International Airport (IATA: ISN, ICAO: KISN, FAA LID: ISN) is a public use airport serving Williston, a city in Williams County, North Dakota, United States. It is owned by the City of Williston and located two nautical miles (4 km) north of its central business district. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service facility.
Customs service is available for aircraft arriving from Canada and other countries. ISN has no scheduled passenger airline service out of the country but receives its international title (like many other airports) because of this customs service.
ISN is mostly used for general aviation but is served by United Express, which offers four flights a day with service to Denver and one flight a day with service to Houston. Delta Connection offers four flights a day with service to Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Regular flights are operated by small cargo aircraft for the inwards and outwards distribution of parcels and light freight.
Facilities and aircraft
Sloulin Field International Airport covers an area of 740 acres (299 ha) at an elevation of 1,982 feet (604 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 11/29 is 6,650 by 100 feet (2,027 x 30 m) and 2/20 is 3,453 by 60 feet (1,052 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 30, 2011, the airport had 28,567 aircraft operations, an average of 78 per day: 59% general aviation, 33% air taxi, 8% scheduled commercial, and <1% military. At that time there were 47 aircraft based at this airport: 87% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, and 2% jet. The amount of emplanments has nearly tripled to 96,000 in a three-year span leading up to 2014 due to crew exchanges operating at the Bakken Formation oil fields.
Airlines and destinations
Airlines providing scheduled passenger service to non-stop destinations:
|Delta Connection||Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|United Express||Denver, Houston Intercontinental|
|1||Denver International (DEN)||57,000||United Express|
|2||Minneapolis/St. Paul International (MSP)||53,000||Delta Connection|
|3||Houston Intercontinental (IAH)||6,000||United Express|
- Scott Olsen. "Boom Times". AOPA Pilot: 84.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ISN – Sloulin Fld Intl ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (ISN: Sloulin Field Intl)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Scott Olsen. "Boom Times". AOPA Pilot: 88.
- "Williston, ND: Sloulin Field International (ISN)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. December 2012. Retrieved April 2015.
- Sloulin Field International Airport, official site
- Sloulin Field International (ISN) at North Dakota Aeronautics Commission airport directory
- Western Edge Aviation, the fixed base operator
- Aerial image as of August 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ISN, effective April 30, 2015
- Resources for this airport: